Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with an almost 10 yr old Cap1 CC still on CR

tag
donkort
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with an almost 10 yr old Cap1 CC still on CR

Why is your Equifax almost 100 points lower than the other bureaus?

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@donkort wrote:

Why is your Equifax almost 100 points lower than the other bureaus?

Because the only thing that shows on Equifax is my AU account, and a pd collection. My one Comenity card just hit on my CR but I'm waiting for my Cap1 to close on the 9th and see if and when that reports if it'll bump it up or not. I only have one collection showing and that's on EQ. Comenity bumped both my other 2 up so who knows! It sucks

Message 22 of 34
donkort
Valued Contributor

I know you're not looking at a house just yet----but have you checked your mortgage scores----especially the Equifax FICO 5?  You get the mortgage scores when you purchase individual reports on MYFICO.

But the "good" thing about the one outlier score----is that mortgage companies use the middle of the FICO scores when assessing a person seeking a mortgage.  And your FICO 8 scores would qualify you for a decent rate.

Is there a way one could incorporate the TransUnion and the Experian data onto the Equifax reports?

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot_20200306-155926_myFICO.jpg

Screenshot_20200306-155917_myFICO.jpg

The top are my mortgage scores and the bottom are my FICO 8 from myfico. I'm waiting to pull my reports again in $1 trail from Ex when my cap1 finally reports after it closes on the 9th. We have a house under my under my husband's name, he bought before I met him but I did want to get a car loan soon but not really sure about that with my EQ score yet & I don't have a loan at all on any account. Thought about self lender or the like but not sure if i should bother.

Message 24 of 34
donkort
Valued Contributor

It's phenomenal that there's almost a 100-point difference between your Equifax 5 and your Equifax 8.  

I know it's based on the same report. 

I would have somebody here at MYFICO (if they wouldn't mind) go over your credit report with a fine-toothed comb.

You also have access to your auto scores, by the way.  For all three bureaus. 

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah right! It's pretty nuts and literally the only thing on EQ is the AU account, the new Comenity acct that I left a 42$ balance to report and paid it off and the closed Cap1 account (in good standing) I seen a bump +34 pts on EX when Comenity started reporting but no movement on EQ when it hit the day before. Maybe it's the stupid collection acct that's just keeping my score down 😒 

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes that’s what I mean by who cares, because it’s actually helping you, so don’t worry about it you are good.

I have one other question regarding this now that I am (still) reviewing my CRs....again.

It also shows "account disputed by customer"

Is this something I should see about getting removed - the remark? Will this trigger the TL to be entirely removed (since I now know I probably want this account to stay on there), especially if in the next year or so I want to see about getting a mortgage or just wait until I get closer to when I actually considering apping?

Thx!

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Did you dispute it?

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you did dispute it, then it may be removed. If you did not dispute it, then just keep an eye on it and hope that it stays.
Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I believe it got slammed with disputes by Lexington Law years ago when I used them. 

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.