Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with an almost 10 yr old Cap1 CC still on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with an almost 10 yr old Cap1 CC still on CR

@Anonymous Well if it was years ago then there is no active dispute. As a consequence it should probably stay. If there were an active dispute then I would fear that it might be removed soon.

That's simply a note that you disputed in the past I believe.

Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous And yes if you dispute again it they may remove the whole account.

And the reason it doesn’t show anything negative is because the negatives had to drop at 7 years whereas the account can stay as long as 10 years and sometimes much longer.

Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous And yes if you dispute again it they may remove the whole account.

And the reason it doesn’t show anything negative is because the negatives had to drop at 7 years whereas the account can stay as long as 10 years and sometimes much longer.

Thank you for the follow ups, I truly appreciate the insight. I totally get that there were negatives before and they have long since dropped off as the account is so old. I just wasn't sure if during a manual review when I were to, say, app for a mortgage, that would be an issue. It is definitely not being actively disputed and nor do I plan to dispute it. I just wasn't sure if I should ask them to remove the remark since it is not being disputed any longer. I will just let it sit and see if the TL is still even there when I do app for a mortgage (at least 1-3 years from now, after rebuilding) and if they require the remark to be removed.

Thanks again!

Message 33 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous We can only hope it will still be there, it can possibly drop at 10 years of age, but many times it sticks around a lot longer so let’s hope for your sake it does stay.

I apologize for the delay in my follow ups life has just been crazy lately.

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.