Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! with credit dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!!! with credit dispute

I am in desperate need of help. I checked my Experian credit report through freecreditreport.com. The inforamtion is completely wrong - since it has someone else's name and date of birth on it. The only thing that matches are the last 2 addresses of the person (since they match the current address i am staying in). I tried the following without any success:
1. Clicked 'Dispute Information' link on the freecredit report site. It asked me to fill my address details and then gave me an error message saying that it could not process my request. There was a CS number on the page.
2. Called the Custoemr service number. It is an automated system which does not offer any options to dispute credit information
3. I read on this site that its best to always purchase the credit report if one plans to dispute it. So I decided to purchase the Experian report. The website took in all my information only to report an error message saying:
'Thank you for visiting Experian!
Unfortunately, we can't offer instant delivery of your order at this time because we were unable to confirm your identity online.
If you would like, we can continue the identity verification process offline.
Once your identity has been confirmed, we will send you a letter to the address on your credit file within 5-7 business days that includes a Private Access Code and instructions for viewing your report online. If for some reason we are unable to verify your identity, you will NOT be charged.
Please press the "Agree and Continue" button below to complete your order.'

The problem is that the current address that they have on file is some other person's address (Not my address Smiley Sad ) - so I cannot have them mail any information there.

I got the free report from TransUnion and EquiFax and they have my correct information. So what do I do now. Do I need to send a certified mail to Experian? What is their mailing address (I could not get that from their website). What should I send in the mail? Do I send them the TransUnion and Equifax report? How soon will i hear from them?

The Experian Report says that i have filed for bankruptcy and has a whole load of other stuff on my report which is not true and i want this to get rectified soon Smiley Sad.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!!! with credit dispute

You should send them a copy of your Drivers License with current address on it, A copy of your SS card and a copy of a current Utilty Bill. I would let them know that there info is wrong and maybe add a fraud alert. Make sure you send this by certified mail with return reciept request. That way you have proof they got it. They have 30 days to take care of it and send you the report.
Good Luck,
Debbie.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response Debbie. Could you give me the mailing address for Experian?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 Addresses you can try either one.

PO Box 9601
Alan, Texas
       or
PO Box 2104
Alan, Texas

I got them from the 800 nuber that I just called.

Good Luck. Keep us posted.

Debbie
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.