Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden dings?

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Hidden dings?

I recently got a big boost from getting some CLI’s (to my all-time high across all 3 bureaus) but the next day, for no reason I can find I had my FICO8 Experian dip a couple of points. I checked extensively looking for any HP’s or any increase of debt, and found no obvious reason it would have dipped.

The only thing I have done different lately is I’ve done a bunch of soft pulls looking for credit card pre-quals, applying for SP CLI’s, and signed up to several credit monitoring sites showing scores from a lot of different models (lots of SP’s for that too).
Did my sudden huge increase of SP activity trigger something that seems like I may need credit badly? Again, I haven’t actually applied for anything, and there are no new HPs.

Just wondering where that little dip came from?
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hidden dings?

SPs will not affect your score. Something data wise in your reports had to change in order for your score to change. Did you look to see if any old closed accounts fell off? If so, your AoOA and AAoA factors would get smaller and could affect it. What kind of a dip in score are you talking about? If it’s a handful of points, that happens a lot and is normal and nothing to sweat.
Message 2 of 12
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Yes, it was only 2 points, but since I’ve been tracking my CR, this is the first time I’ve seen an unexplained dip. All other times it dipped, I could see reasons why.
It just freaked me out! 😂

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing to worry about. There are small tremors that happen and 2pts is nothing to sweat.
Message 4 of 12
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Ok, thanks for your help. Maybe it was a correction of sorts. Experian jumped way higher than EQ or TU did when my CLI’s came through, so maybe they adjusted it. 🤔

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly I don’t know - I’m not really sure what would cause a two point shift. It’d have to be minor though, unless it was a combination of significant positive and negative events, with the positives slightly edging out the negatives, but you’d have seen that on your reports. Wish I could tell you more but honestly I don’t know what would cause it.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Normally I would say utilization being lowered by the higher CL's, but you're only at 1% so I'm not sure if that is a factor.

Try comparing your current report to last montsh to see the exact changes. 

Message 7 of 12
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I did compare it extensively, and I couldn’t find anything derogatory at all. It was weird because it jumped up 5 points one day and then fell 2 points the next day. The other bureaus showed a 2 point jump for the CLI’s showing up. Experian still shows a 3 point net gain from last month, but I’ve just never seen my credit drop without a reason I could put my finger on.

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 8 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The only way there would be any score change is not from CLI's. It's what the CLI's did to change your util. Even from 1% to 2% usage can be a couple points. Or vice versa on some CRA reports. CLI's on their own don't change scores. Like @Anonymous  said. Dont sweat it. Its only 2 points.

Message 9 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Have there been any changes to AU account during this time? 

AU accounts, when it comes to scoring, are less predictable than your own. 

As an example, if AU is the only one to report, you'd lose a decent chunk of points till your own account reports again. 

Another thing, sometimes there are a few points lost when only store card reports. 

SPs definitely do not cause dings. If they did, my scores would be in negative. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.