Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Loan Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Loan Question

Utilization is your balances in comparison to your credit limits.

Example:  If you had a card with a $4000 credit limit and a $1000 balance, you would be utilizing 25% of your available credit.

Message Edited by HouseHunter on 05-06-2007 11:55 AM
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then I guess our utilization if very low....0% on one card, 25% on the other, and approx. 50% on Chevron (although it still shows we're over balance and owe $400 when we actually owe 1/2 of that).
Message 12 of 19
Howsep2005
Established Member
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting the Chevron down from 50% to 30% util should give you a bump.

Message 14 of 19
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Getting the Chevron down from 50% to 30% util should give you a bump.

Under 30% would even be better!
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

jenn, I just got approved for the Fannie Mae Flex 100. My scores are mid 600's, but they looked more at my DTI according to my broker. They also like to see some assets, so if you have some funds sitting around in a supplemental retirement or anything similar it will help a lot. I actually had to come up with the closing costs, only around 3%.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

With a 600 fico with no mortgage lates or no lates on the rent you can do a 100% subprime loan with full doc (no pmi). Stated is 90% max (no pmi).

DR must be at 50% or less.

The only assets you will need is to cover closing cost but you maybe able to roll that in after the appraisal comes back.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not true... You can still go 100% LTV at 50%DR w/ no assets, no down payment going full doc. just not all lenders.

You guys know anyone please send them my way!!! =)
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The good thing about building a new home is they will start with little money down. TIP number 1... New home sales are down. As long as you get a preapproved letter from a lender you are all good. Key work PRE! The builder will ask for earnest money and most want 2,500 plus but they will take 500 bucks. Lots will do zero. Your goal should be zero.

Now all contracts have a way out but you may not get your cash back. Most contracts will state that if you get turned downed by the lender you will get your money back but the lender will need to provide a turn down letter.

I have a friend just started building with ZERO down and got a free TV.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.