Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Mixed / Split Credit Files Happen and What to Do to Fix

tag
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: How Mixed / Split Credit Files Happen and What to Do to Fix

What about TLs that you aren't sure if they were never reported or have gone "missing"?

A TL that is on 2 CRs but not one the 3rd could have been either never reported to the 3rd --or-- it was reported but then that 3rd CR got split.  So how can you be certain about this "missing" TL?  Is there an easy no hassle way of finding out if it was just never reported?

Message 11 of 14
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

The two problems Ilecs described are unique to Equifax. Problems they have resovled.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 12 of 14
anaheimskip

I have a file that Equifax says is too long. But, when I asked them to fix it they said I have to wait until all the credit monitoring inquiries fall off in two years. They can't remove them or so they say. Their consumer affairs rep said that they consider all inquiries, except promtional and account review, to be hard inquiries (if a credit report was given out, like with credit monitoring, they consider it a hard). They said that eventually it will split on its own and that it will be likely that a creditor will not be able to update/add an account. The lady said some people have tons of split files. Basically, it's a bunch of garbage and I'm going to try to contact their executive offices and tell them that they need to fix my file (and their system).

Message 13 of 14
laxmanbh

Did you have any luck on this? I also have similar situation. Thanks.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.