cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I contact Collection Agencies??

tag
witchdoctor

How do I contact Collection Agencies??

Hi everyone, I am new to this fix your credit game and it seems I am doing it for the same reason as most others. I want to buy a house. I am glad at least I read these forums prior to doing anything, I was about to pay off all my charge-offs and collections. Now I know to use a PFD. The problem now is, Who are they? The 3 CRA's don't list addresses/phone numbers and I cant find a site to list this stuff. Can anyone help me out on how to get this info? I am looking for "Credit Collections", "Allied Interstate Inc.", and "Credit Protections Assoc.". Any ideas, past fixes?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How do I contact Collection Agencies??

Welcome.. you need to get your full report from each CRA which will include the addresses for each TL that is reporting.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to contact the original creditor and they should be able to give you contact information for whoever they sold the account to.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I have a contact at Allied Interstate that actually wasn't a bad guy to work with. I settled a pretty big account with them back in January. PM me if you want his info.
Message 4 of 12
witchdoctor

Thanks for the info Tuscani, but I did go to EX and purchased a report from them, it doesn't have any contact info either. I guess i'll try going through the OC.
Message 5 of 12
witchdoctor

thanx devhip, I'll take all the info you got. its not the biggest i need to pay but its at least one of them. Let me know what you told them and how it went as well.
Message 6 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Really? All of the creditor info should be there.. hmmm.
Message 7 of 12
witchdoctor

I figured it out....Wasn't listed on the pretty graphic printout they give you. But when I went to dispute i found all the info I need. So now the fight is on. The most interesting one I think is going to be with the Texas power company. I have three collection accounts with them but my wife already paid two. So I'm going to tell them I'll pay the third in full if they remove all three. Hope they bite.
Message 8 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

witchdoctor wrote:
I figured it out....Wasn't listed on the pretty graphic printout they give you. But when I went to dispute i found all the info I need. So now the fight is on. The most interesting one I think is going to be with the Texas power company. I have three collection accounts with them but my wife already paid two. So I'm going to tell them I'll pay the third in full if they remove all three. Hope they bite.

Good deal! Keep us updated!
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my credit report at mycreditreport.com and I can't find any contact info for any of the account holders.  I don't have any of this information anymore.  I'm finally in a place where I can start correcting these things, but I can't figure out how to contact the account holders to start.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.