Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I

How do I remove someone, as authorized user, off my Bank of America card Online?

And is it a good idea to remove AU since my card is racked up; to help raise their credit score (which seems to be mediocre due to my high credit usage) they have 2 other credit cards themselves.?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I

I don't know anything about BoA, but I'd assume you'd just contact them (phone, chat, etc) and tell them to remove the AU.  The impact on the credit score of the person being removed would depend on what their utilization looks like on their own two credit cards compared to yours being included as a third, as well as how their age of accounts would change with your card removed from the equation.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

On some sites there is a pull down and listed is removing AU.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, His credit uti is good, less than 10% on one card and around 14% on his other card which he has had both appr. 6 months.

We are trying to figure out how much does my high uti on my cards affect him?

If I remove him from 3 of my cards he will be losing out on overall credit limit but yet he will have way less uti across the board.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.