Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How effective is a GW Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How effective is a GW Letter

I'm wondering if my best bet will be to dispute or send GW letters. Are there any insider secrets with these particular vendors? If i send dispute letters first do i lower my chances of a GW update to CR? I have four accounts that i would like to have updated if its possible.

Below is the account information for each:

WNNFB -- 150 days delinquent, settled/charged off in 2004

Discover -- still open and current. recently granted a credit line increase. 30 days late twice most recently March '06

Wells Fargo Credit Card -- Closed. Was 60 days late as recently as July 06. Closed by Credit Grantor, but paid in full in July of '06

Chase --  Closed. Was 60 days late as recently as Mar '06. Closed by Credit Grantor, but paid in full in Mar '06.

Are GW letters effective in cases such as mine? My credit is shaky at best: EQ=626 EX=636

My history has been spotless since July '06... not long but getting there. What should i do?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How effective is a GW Letter

IMO all a dispute will do is update any baddies    believe it or not 2006 is not old.   I would try GW letters.  Every creditor goes by its own rules.

IMO  a GW  should be sent every 60 days.

A late payment hurts when it is new & less after 2 years   

The WNNFB   I would work on   this will hurt untill it is OFF your CR
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

happydays you're a big help, thaks for repyling to both my posts. how often do GW letters get a favorable result in your experience?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only had to do it once & of all CCC it was Cap1....the late was 4 years old & it was my only late in 8 years   they deleted it.

I have seen many people on the forums have good luck with GWs
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

does the DOFD have a heavy impact on the likelyhood of acceptance? should i wait till the Derog is two or more years old?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.