cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How fast will Chase off-cycle report $0?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How fast will Chase off-cycle report $0?

If Chase cuts a statement with you on X date that has a positive (non-zero) balance and as soon as that day or the next day you pay it to zero, how quickly will Chase report $0?  Chances are they'll first report your positive statement balance, but will they report $0 as early as the next day or the day after?

This month on both of my Chase cards a charge snuck in last minute that caused a non-zero balance to report.  Since neither of my Chase cards are ever used as my AZEO card, I'd like them to always report $0.

My first Chase card cut a positive statement on the 19th.  I paid the account to $0 on the 22nd and as of today the 27th that $0 hasn't been reported.  My second Chase card cut a positive statement yesterday on the 26th, which I paid the current balance down to $0 immediately after I saw the positive statement balance cut.

Anyone with experience on this would be great to hear from. 

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How fast will Chase off-cycle report $0?

@Anonymous wrote:

If Chase cuts a statement with you on X date that has a positive (non-zero) balance and as soon as that day or the next day you pay it to zero, how quickly will Chase report $0?  Chances are they'll first report your positive statement balance, but will they report $0 as early as the next day or the day after?

This month on both of my Chase cards a charge snuck in last minute that caused a non-zero balance to report.  Since neither of my Chase cards are ever used as my AZEO card, I'd like them to always report $0.

My first Chase card cut a positive statement on the 19th.  I paid the account to $0 on the 22nd and as of today the 27th that $0 hasn't been reported.  My second Chase card cut a positive statement yesterday on the 26th, which I paid the current balance down to $0 immediately after I saw the positive statement balance cut.

Anyone with experience on this would be great to hear from. 

For me within 3 days.

Message 2 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Always within a day or two for me

Message 3 of 14
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

As best as I can recall...it was within a few days. Actually I remember being pleasantly surprised at how quickly the $0 balance reported and the the credit report updated. I can't recall other card issuers reporting a PIF balance so quickly to the bureaus. 

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 837, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 4 of 14
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Always the next day for me

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It always happens right away for me like usually by the next day. Id say never more than 2 days really. Im always surprised at how quickly it happens.

Perhaps its because of the holidays that there is such a lag in reporting. I don't know if I've ever PIF on the weekends or during a holiday so not sure if those things could impact why they havent reported for you.
Message 6 of 14
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

If I pay to zero the day after the statement cuts, the statement balance never makes it to my reports.

Message 7 of 14
arkane
Established Contributor

Next business day for me.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

If I pay to zero the day after the statement cuts, the statement balance never makes it to my reports.

Interesting.  On my card that had a positive statement balance yesterday then, perhaps it will stay as $0 reported from the previous cycle.

Those of you above that are replying with Chase reporting a paydown to $0 in 1-3 days, are you specifically referencing a time where you had a positive statement balance cut and you paid it to $0 within that day or a couple of days?  I've paid to $0 mid-cycle (like 2 weeks after a positive balance reported) many times and agree that within 1-3 days that $0 balance reports... but my question is targeted toward instances where Chase just reported maybe a day or two prior.  Thanks again for the feedback everyone.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

was there ever another answer here? I think I'm in the same boat. Statement cut and payment may be a day or two after down to zero
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.