cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for Experian and Transunion to update credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take for Experian and Transition to update credit report?

"The AU account gives me a chance to start building my own credit.  Don't see anything wrong with that.  Not sure why people some people become so judgmental over this."

==========

Definitely agree.

My wife and I are AU's on each others cards and it has helped BOTH of our scores.

its not really anyone elses business how *OUR* credit issues have occurred. If everyone kept their nose out of other folks personal affairs there wouldnt be any reason to be judgmental about much of anything.

I agree that being an authorized user is a great way to help get credit established.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditBob, could you post that link again if you don't mind? Doesn't seem to be in your post...

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take for Experian and Transunion to update credit report?

@mpierc01 wrote:

I was recently added as an authorized user to an Amex and on Sunday morning it reported to Experian and shot my score up from 625 to 700!  That's great!  Congrats!  I know your original EXperian score was from a lender pull - may I ask where you're getting your updated EXperian score?  That makes a difference.   I am trying to qualify for a mortgage and needed to get my scores up.  My question is- when will Experian (do you mean Equifax here?) and TransUnion update?  I'm excited to see my other scores come up too.  It's only Tues., but shouldn't the other bureaus update this information soon?  Thank you for any answers!

I'm a fan of AU accounts as well.  We've used them for me, DH, and DS.  Very helpful!

Message 13 of 17
fused
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

RE: timeline

moved to create a new thread in the rebuilding forum

Message 14 of 17
ksari6000

Re: How long does it take for Experian and Transunion to update credit report?

I just added myself to my mom's card. My vantage score, i am not about FICO, dropped 43 points. Amex reported the account with today's date, and not the original cardholder's date when the account was first opened. I had heard that the CRAz had been trying to prevent score inflation since congress told them to keep the authorized user feature on the credit report. So I am not sure if it's as it was two years ago, but for me it has done absolutely nothing and infact the opposite of the intended effect.
Message 15 of 17
maddox74
Established Member

@bbb1234 wrote:

GregB, thank you for your info.  I will wait for it to show up on my reports. Hopefully not too long!

Any follow confirmation on this?  How long did it take to show up?  Same question for the original poster.  Thanks!

Message 16 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@ksari6000 wrote:
I just added myself to my mom's card. My vantage score, i am not about FICO, dropped 43 points. Amex reported the account with today's date, and not the original cardholder's date when the account was first opened. I had heard that the CRAz had been trying to prevent score inflation since congress told them to keep the authorized user feature on the credit report. So I am not sure if it's as it was two years ago, but for me it has done absolutely nothing and infact the opposite of the intended effect.

Getting added as an AU doesn't guarantee an improvement in your score.  It all depends on the account that you're being added to.  If the account is significantly older than your accounts then it can boost AAoA but keep in mind that AAoA isn't the only factor used to determine credit score and that AAoA plays a relatively small role.  Utilization, on the other hand, plays a major role.  If your mom's account has high reported utilization then it may not help you.  If your mom's account has derogs then it may not help you and so on.

Always consider all factors that go into credit scoring before making decisions.

@maddox74 wrote:

Any follow confirmation on this?  How long did it take to show up?  Same question for the original poster.  Thanks!

Considering the age of this thread you might want to click on the user ID's of the people you're expecting responses from to see if they're still active.

Recent threads show that TU is typically slow to update.  You probably won't get a specific number of days to update.  If you're concerned about it then you might want to subscribe to a CMS and monitor.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.