Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to opt back in?

tag
kimbersleep
Contributor

How long to opt back in?

Recently I opted back in for preapproved credit offers on optoutprescreen.com, in the hopes that I might get a store account via a soft pull using the shopping cart trick.

How long after opting back in on the website will it take for preapproved offers to start coming in, and for the SCT to work?

Thanks!

04/20/17 - Fico Score 8: EQ 695, TU 689, EX 728; Mortgage: EQ 731, TU 740, EX 815 [Starting Point on MyFico]
05/09/18 - Fico Score 8: EQ 827, TU 821, EX 811; Mortgage: EQ 815, TU 795, EX 822 [Latest MyFico 3B]
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long to opt back in?

i've heard about 3 months. I'd like confirmation on this as well.  With my credit improvement it'd be nice to see some offers due to the hard work.

Message 2 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i've heard about 3 months. I'd like confirmation on this as well.  With my credit improvement it'd be nice to see some offers due to the hard work.

I'd be surprised if it took that long. When I opted out in April the 2-3 offers per week I was getting from personal loan companies stopped in a week or so.. That would indicate to me they screen pretty regularly, so when you opt back in the CRAs would move pretty quickly to start selling your info again.

Message 3 of 4
kimbersleep
Contributor

Well to answer my own question, I tested by going to Victoria's Secret online and placing some items in a shopping cart.. filled in my name/address & a window popped up with a Shopping Cart Trick credit offer, so clearly the opting back in happens pretty quickly. It's just not happening on the site I want it to (yet). Didn't bite on the VS offer either.
04/20/17 - Fico Score 8: EQ 695, TU 689, EX 728; Mortgage: EQ 731, TU 740, EX 815 [Starting Point on MyFico]
05/09/18 - Fico Score 8: EQ 827, TU 821, EX 811; Mortgage: EQ 815, TU 795, EX 822 [Latest MyFico 3B]
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.