Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many of you use monitoring for your Credit Cards

tag
Tomatoshadow2
New Contributor

How many of you use monitoring for your Credit Cards

Hi everyone,

How many of you use the monintoring service under Identity? Does it work well for the Credit Cards?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: How many of you use monitoring for your Credit Cards

@Tomatoshadow2 wrote:

Hi everyone,

How many of you use the monintoring service under Identity? Does it work well for the Credit Cards?

Not sure what "monitoring service under Identity' is... can you elaborate? Is it a myFICO product? 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 9
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I use Experian.

Works well for me.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 9
Tomatoshadow2
New Contributor

Yes it is a myFico product, you find it under Identy montioring services for myFico.

Message 4 of 9
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Tomatoshadow2 wrote:

Yes it is a myFico product, you find it under Identy montioring services for myFico.

K gotcha.  It's part of the score/report package so I have it.   It lets you know if/when your info (email address, ssn, dob, etc.) is found on the darkweb...  The overall credit monitoring service will alert you if/when new accounts are opened in your name.  

Is that what you mean by "works well for credit cards"?

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 5 of 9
Tomatoshadow2
New Contributor

@thornback wrote:

@Tomatoshadow2 wrote:

K gotcha.  It's part of the score/report package so I have it.   It lets you know if/when your info (email address, ssn, dob, etc.) is found on the darkweb...  The overall credit monitoring service will alert you if/when new accounts are opened in your name.  

Is that what you mean by "works well for credit cards"?

Yes in a way, I saw there was the option of also adding credit cards, so was wondering if it was the same as the overall monitoring.

Message 6 of 9
thornback
Senior Contributor

Oh okay yes - now I understand your Q.  Unfortunately, I don't know how well that feature works as I have not added any cards to monitor.   But i believe it is meant to do the same as when monitoring your personal info -  alert if/when specific card data is found on the darkweb. 

Sorry i can't be of more help.  Hopefully someone else with experience using it will come along & post their opinion. 

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 7 of 9
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

I can't say how well it works, but I did add some cards to it. You would only get an alert if someone posted your card number on one of the dark web sites that they monitor. Personally I just keep all my CRA's frozen so no one can open a new account in my name. The majority, if not all, credit card companies will reverse any fraudulent charges almost immediately so even if someone got your card number it should not hurt you. Having a new account that is not something you opened can do a lot more damage.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 8 of 9
Tomatoshadow2
New Contributor

Yes, veru well said, its unfortunte that happens in the world, even though never had any problems with ID theft, signed up for myFico for the great peace of mind it also provides me.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.