cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much Change from removed lates??

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

How much Change from removed lates??

I talked with a supervisor today for a credit card I have about having late payments removed. Back in January of this year I missed my January payment on accident due to moving and the bills getting misplaced and then in February I was out of work for 2 weeks due to being sick and just missed that payment by a few days, so on my credit it showed a 30 and 60 day late. Of course this dropped my score but don't remember how much.

Fast forward to today and I have paid that card off and talked with the supervisor explaining my reasons for the missed payments and they agreed to remove both lates!!

Just curious how much my score may improve now 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: How much Change from removed lates??

Too many variables in play specific to your profile but you should receive whatever you lost at least if both are removed and no other derogs since that.  

FICO - 8: 12/03/20 AU 8 BC 8
FICO - 9: 11/19/20 AU 9 BC 9
F5,F4,F2 11/19/20 AU... BC...
Vantage 12/03/20
As of 12/01/20:
AoOA - 24Y9M | AoYA – 0Y1M | AAoA – 11Y7M
Open: 11 CC: (1 reporting 3.53% : 0.74% AGG UTL) | 1 PLOC | 1 MTG loan: 73.16% UTL
Closed: 1 MTG loan | 2 Auto loans | (EQ) 2 CC, (EX & TU) 1 CC
INQ: (EQ) 0/24 | (TU) 1/24 | (EX) 1/24
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: How much Change from removed lates??

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

Back in January of this year I missed my January payment on accident due to moving and the bills getting misplaced and then in February I was out of work for 2 weeks due to being sick and just missed that payment by a few days, so on my credit it showed a 30 and 60 day late

There's a 30-day greace period, so for it to show a 30, then a 60 day late, you'd have to be 90+ days late, so it sounds like you missed your payment by more than just a few days. Glad you got the lates removed though. If it ever comes up again where you might be forced to miss a payment, it's important to know about the 30-day grace period, because it allows you to miss a due date and suffer only the late fee, but no credit score impact, as long as you're less than 30 days late.

Total Loan Balance: $61k / $104k

Total SL: $41.2k
Goal cards:

United 1K - 675,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase 6/24
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.