Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much can moving impact your score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much can moving impact your score?

Hello wise ones,

My husband and I moved to Washington State from California early this year, his company asked us to move there. Great opportunity in our view, the cost of living was extremely advantageous.

Well, his employer sold this hotel (he's a GM for Sheraton) in July. He was lucky enough to get an offer from Hilton in the exact same city we moved from in California. My position hadn't been filled, so I was able to transfer (again) with my employer. Ok, now that were moving back... how much of hit are we going to take for 2 moves in less than a year?

Thanks in advance,

~lori
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much can moving impact your score?

Won't matter a bit to you FICO score unless you max out your credit in the meantime. 
Message 2 of 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Except for a million and one inqs  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

Oops forgot about that one.  Since they are moving back to a place, maybe the utility companies will turn them back on without an inq.  Now looking for a place to live is something else.  Keep your apps down to a minimum.

Message 4 of 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Brammy wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

Oops forgot about that one.  Since they are moving back to a place, maybe the utility companies will turn them back on without an inq.  Now looking for a place to live is something else.  Keep your apps down to a minimum.

I am facing it - mortgage inqs on all 3, plus all the possibilities of gas, electric, waters, phone, cable, new bank account, and my all time favorite - cell phone  Smiley Very Happy.

Add the possibility of a gas card and a store card (local) going inactive (OK, so that is very long term, but they are very old TLS and I have onlt 5 ccs, and they are two of them), new credit etc and it can be quite a short term hit.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.