cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Cancel Credit Check Total in Less Than 30 Minutes (Usually)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Cancel Credit Check Total in Less Than 30 Minutes (Usually)

I posted a screenshot of my recent experience in canceling my cct trial through their online cancel link under my account on their website. I’m not sure if it’s always been there since this was my first time trying their trial, but it was successful and when I tried to log on to my account today it came back with invalid credentials and I was not charged $29.95. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Class-Action-suit-against-Experian/td-p/5281729

screenshot of cancel link on cct site

Message 51 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's relatively new; it wasn't there when I cancelled membership on 6/11.  I signed up again for another trial on 6/30 and just used that link to cancel my account.  Thanks for pointing it out.

The message on the cancellation screen sounds dire as if they will erase all your information but your actual account still remains intact and you can still look at historical information.  The email confirmation is also the same as the one that was sent before.

@Anonymous wrote:

I posted a screenshot of my recent experience in canceling my cct trial through their online cancel link under my account on their website. I’m not sure if it’s always been there since this was my first time trying their trial, but it was successful and when I tried to log on to my account today it came back with invalid credentials and I was not charged $29.95. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Class-Action-suit-against-Experian/td-p/5281729

screenshot of cancel link on cct site

Message 52 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice. I’m glad they finally came out with a way to cancel online. I’ll keep an eye out when I want to cancel the next time. Thanks for posting this.
Message 53 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:  Be careful when using the link to cancel your account; the cancellation takes effect immediately.  I signed up for a trial on 6/30 so today I'm on Day 6.  I used the cancel link and logged out my account.  When I attempted to log back in, it took me to the "You're eligible for another free trial" screen and my account is completely reset so I will be unable to do my second pull before the trial expires. 

If you intend to use the Cancel link, make sure you use it only AFTER you've done the two 3B pulls you're allowed during the trial period.

Message 54 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just canceled my free trail using the OP's detail. Rep picked up in 2 seconds. Was able to cancel within 1 minutes. Thanks!

Message 55 of 69
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Much earlier in this topic I mentioned how it had become difficult for me to cancel my CCT membership via email. That's all changed, now. I send my pre-printed cancellation letter to them and within an hour, I get an acknowledgement. I get another email at the time that the membership is actually cancelled. So, I'm back to spending about 1 minute canceling my CCT membership.
Message 56 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's also worth mentioning now that you can cancel your $1 trial online now when logged into your account. 

There's one downside to this, though.  Make sure you cancel on Day 7 after you do your second (free) 3B report/score pull.  Right after you do that, cancel online.  If you cancel online before doing your second/free pull, you'll lose the ability to do so.

Message 57 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to second pedro1’s recommendation of the 866-960-6943 number. It took me straight to a representative and the call took less than a minute to cancel.

I know there’s an option to cancel online that reportedly works, however, despite knowing this I opted not to use this knowing my prepaid card would be unable to be charged anyway. This results in being locked out of your account entirely until you enter valid billing information and agree to be charged the membership fee.

Obviously canceling online after day seven is the best option; just wanted anyone finding themselves in a situation like mine to know that phone number is a quick method of resolving it.

(Also, as others have reported the number listed on their website: 877-284-7942‬ only cancelled my creditworks membership when I used the automated system)
Message 58 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used the Day 7 online cancellation for my last 2 trials right after doing my second (free) pull.  No issues at all with the online method, assuming Day 7 is a good one for your second pull.  If I wanted that second pull on Day 8, 9 or 10 I would use the phone method and cancel nearly as fast that way as well.

Message 59 of 69
stinastina
Established Contributor

I just wanted to let yall know that the prompts in the op are no longer valid. It takes you to fraud alert. So I forget how I got a rep but I was able to cancel quickly.

I did use the online cancellation before, which is awesome, but this time I forgot to cancel on day 7 and got locked out because I used my bluebird account to pay.

And I saved the number Pedro posted for future cancellation needs.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 60 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.