cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Cancel Credit Check Total in Less Than 30 Minutes (Usually)

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Re: How to Cancel Credit Check Total in Less Than 30 Minutes (Usually)

My 14.95 offer just ended and now I’m back to 29.95. Is there any way to get the 50% off offer again? Not sure I want to cancel altogether yet. Thanks

Message 61 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't believe so.  You can call CS and threaten to cancel if they can't keep your price the same, but I'm not sure you'd have any success.

Message 62 of 69
GG85016

That worked perfectly. Even offered to lower my subscription fees. I cancelled Identity Works Premium , CCT and ask to remove fraud alert. I was transferred to another live rep for fraud alert removal and off the phone within 7 minutes. Thank you for the easy  prompt instructions.

Message 63 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just cancelled from the phone number in this thread and Experian cancelled the wrong product. After talking to an agent they gave me this number:

866-541-6913

it has ZERO hold time, you can cancel in 3 minutes.

I was actaully cancelling hoping to get offered the $15 CCT discount but they did not offer it. They only offered two other Experian products. One was $20 (daily EX, 90 day other reprots) and $25 (pretty much the same as CCT). I declined. I will do another trial in few weeks and when it ends I will specifically ask for the 50% discount.

Message 64 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

To my understanding, the 50% discount hasn't been offered for some time now when cancelling CCT.  Since they've been moving toward different products, I think their goal is to get CCT members or $1 trial users to move to their new offerings.  By offering a 50% discount on their old product, it sort of defeats what they're trying to accomplish.

Message 65 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today Nov 1st after 2 failed attempts to get a free trail and getting charged $2. I found out more about CCT.

I called 866-960-6943 - After a few minutes of waiting a rep came on the line and had indicated that he would transfer me to the membership department that handles CCT. I asked what department had I reached and he indicated - data monitoring and data breach.

He transferred me to this membership #:

866-541-6913 

Here the rep answered right away.

Asked for my 1st name and last

DOB

At first she accessed the account from my 1st - 2 free trails Sept/Oct.

That account showed online cancellations.

I indicated that this info was correct but I was inquirring about attempts made on Nov. 1st 2018.

At that point she asked for my SSN.

Immediatley she confirmed that 2 new charges at  $1 each but on her system they were pending. On my cc acct they are pending as well. She said," Since the service is no longer being offered those charges will not post."

I will keep an eye out and update.

Since I had her on the phone I asked her why I could not pull my report with the free trail.

At this point she says:

" The system is no longer accepting new accounts for reports," "You can no longer activate a new account"

I asked her why? And she stated:

"CCT will be decommissioned and that product will no longer be available."

I asked what if you have an old account and she said;

"old accounts will be forced migration to new membership products"

I then asked what products will be offered instead and thats when she indicated I need to go to www.experian.com to reveiw the new products.

Very interesting indeed!

I almost want to see if I can totally use a different browser and see if the system is really not allowing for new accounts. But at this point I may just go get either the myFico or Experain IdentityWorks Premium.

Message 66 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just this morning did another $1 trial without incident. Perhaps it's geographical?

Message 67 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's definitely a YMMV thing, as someone else in another active thread just started a $1 trial today without incident.
Message 68 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just did it!! Perfectly executed....OP!! Thank you......

took 2 minutes!!!

Message 69 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.