cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel a dispute with Experian?

Highlighted

How to cancel a dispute with Experian?

I did an online dispute with a CA I didn't recognize with Experian and then decided to call the CA myself a couple days later and it turns out it is my debt just that it was sold from a previous CA. How do I cancel my dispute with Experian cause I heard that if Experian verifies it, it'll renew the 7 year limit and refresh the debt? Is this true

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: How to cancel a dispute with Experian?

@Hyten wrote:

I did an online dispute with a CA I didn't recognize with Experian and then decided to call the CA myself a couple days later and it turns out it is my debt just that it was sold from a previous CA. How do I cancel my dispute with Experian cause I heard that if Experian verifies it, it'll renew the 7 year limit and refresh the debt? Is this true

It wont "renew" anything because removal is based on DOFD. It will still drop of as planned. 

Also, disputes do not restart SOL, so debt wont be "refreshed" 

It may cause a scoring drop if it comes back as verified because it makes delinquency "appear" more recent, but there is no re aging involved. 

Do yourself a favor and pay it, see if CA will do PFD first. 

If they cannot verify, reporting may get removed, but debt will get resold and you'll be right where you started. 

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: How to cancel a dispute with Experian?

If you want to cancel the dispute, you just need to give them a call.
I've done it, and it takes no time or fuss at all.

F8 EQ: 804 | EX: 790 | TU: 809 | Accounts: 3/6 5/12 9/24
Happy practitioner of AZE9or10or11or12 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.