Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get two pulls from $1 CCT Trial?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get two pulls from $1 CCT Trial?

This is my second attempt at signin up for a $1 credit check total trial and trying to get two updated scores. First time I signed up and cancelled same day, one week later no updated score. This time I waited until the night before the 7th day when I would get charged the subscription, cancelled, and logged in today with no updated score.

How are you guys getting two pulls out of the one trial?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get two pulls from $1 CCT Trial?

After you begin your $1 trial, on the main screen you see after logging in you should have a section down in the bottom right hand corner that says something like "7 days until 3B refresh" or somethin similar.  Every day if you log in you should see that time frame decrease until 7 days after you started your trial it says something like "3B refresh available" which you can click and get your reports/scores updated.

There is a chance though that this refresh option has been removed.  I noticed last Sunday which was 8 days after I started my trial that when I logged in the option for the refresh wasn't there.  I'm not sure if it has to be done on Day 7 and perhaps I missed it by a day, as in the past I always remember exactly on Day 7 to log in for the refresh.  There have seemingly been a lot of changes going on over at CCT lately, so it wouldn't surprise me if they removed the second pull as part of the $1 trial.  I think there's a very good chance that in the upcoming months that we'll either see the $1 trial go away completely, or at the very least the same account won't be able to do multiple trials.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

They might have caught onto this trick.

I have a question though why would someone not use them instead of MyFico.  It seem they update every 30 days as compared to myFico who updates quarterly.

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question though why would someone not use them instead of MyFico.  It seem they update every 30 days as compared to myFico who updates quarterly.

I hate the design of the CCT interface.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I hate the design of the CCT interface.

It is amazing how much of a difference a design can make.  I prefer Bitbucket over GitHub for many reasons but one of them is the design.

I guess I look at it this way I can get my score updated more often through CCT than here.

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CCT "catching on" is partly the result of people a lot of people signing on for a new "trial" 20-30 times a year.  If people would have reduced their exploitation of the loophole to maybe once a quarter, we'd probably see the CCT option available indefinitely.

The folks at DoC are pretty good at advising their readers about how to avoid over-the-top abuse of the cool stuff they find.  For example, they advise that people who get a massive signup bonus (whether bank or credit card) to still use the account for a while rather than closing it the day after they get the bonus.

I am not giving anybody a hard time about this (BBS is one of my favorite people here and is my CCT guru).  Just reminding everyone that there are consequences to untrammelled use of natural resources (oil, coal, awesome credit deals, etc.) and the rest of the planet suffers when people think solely about their own individual benefit.

PS.  I hope that CCT's solution is not to abandon the $1 trial altogether.  It's an elegant solution for a newcomer to get his reports and scores for the first time.  BBS and I have been scratching our head trying to find something else we can recommend to new people here without much success.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CCT "catching on" is partly the result of people a lot of people signing on for a new "trial" 20-30 times a year.  If people would have reduced their exploitation of the loophole to maybe once a quarter, we'd probably see the CCT option available indefinitely.

The folks at DoC are pretty good at advising their readers about how to avoid over-the-top abuse of the cool stuff they find.  For example, they advise that people who get a massive signup bonus (whether bank or credit card) to still use the account for a while rather than closing it the day after they get the bonus.

I am not giving anybody a hard time about this (BBS is one of my favorite people here and is my CCT guru).  Just reminding everyone that there are consequences to untrammelled use of natural resources (oil, coal, awesome credit deals, etc.) and the rest of the planet suffers when people think solely about their own individual benefit.

PS.  I hope that CCT's solution is not to abandon the $1 trial altogether.  It's an elegant solution for a newcomer to get his reports and scores for the first time.  BBS and I have been scratching our head trying to find something else we can recommend to new people here without much success.

Reminds me of the picture I saw the other day where someone has about 100 SNES mini and they are going to scalp them all, sucks for those that really want one to play with.

I know it's not ideal but they could use https://www.creditscorecard.com/ to get at least one of thier FICO scores ?

I plan to try out hte $1 trial and see how I like them.  Though I am waiting for some stuff to hit and drop off before I do since I just got a pull from here.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I know it's not ideal but they could use https://www.creditscorecard.com/ to get at least one of thier FICO scores ?

Yes, this is definitely worth doing to get your EX FICO 08 score.  Like a CCT trial, when you first sign up at the link above you'll get your pull from the moment you sign up.  For someone brand new to credit that wants a real time first score, this is a great place to start.  The only downside is that you can only get this score updated every 30 days.  So, say you sign up and then 20 days later you have some major changes to your credit report (good or bad) and you want to know your current EX score, you'll still have to wait another 10 days, where with a CCT trial you could pull them the day the change(s) report to the bureaus.

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBS and I are huge boosters of CreditScorecard.  It not only gives yourFICO 8 score but also your EX report.  EX making its reports free monthly has been a huge step forward, a massive milestone in the last year or two.

The other drawback of CreditScorecard is that it is EX only.  I am less worried about the fact that it is only available every 30 days and more that people are only seeing EX.  Even if a person has access to a free TU FICO 8 (say) through a credit card, that score won't be being drawn at the same moment  (could be up to 15 days apart)..  A wonderful thing about CCT has always been its 3B snapshot -- you get to see all three bureaus, all at the same instant.

Karma is a good tool to pair with CreditScorecard in that it gives you your TU/EQ reports.  But newcomers inevitably get confused by the scores, thinking they are FICO scores.

Sigh.  CCT was really really good in this respect.  Three reports, three FICO scores, same instant, only $1.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

BBS and I are huge boosters of CreditScorecard.  It not only gives yourFICO 8 score but also your EX report.  EX making its reports free monthly has been a huge step forward, a massive milestone in the last year or two.

The other drawback of CreditScorecard is that it is EX only.  I am less worried about the fact that it is only available every 30 days and more that people are only seeing EX.  Even if a person has access to a free TU FICO 8 (say) through a credit card, that score won't be being drawn at the same moment  (could be up to 15 days apart)..  A wonderful thing about CCT has always been its 3B snapshot -- you get to see all three bureaus, all at the same instant.

Karma is a good tool to pair with CreditScorecard in that it gives you your TU/EQ reports.  But newcomers inevitably get confused by the scores, thinking they are FICO scores.

Sigh.  CCT was really really good in this respect.  Three reports, three FICO scores, same instant, only $1.

That is really good.  Honestly I just wish I could see it anytime I wanted.  It seems to be very important now and places are letting you see them easier now.

WalletHub while not a true FICO gets updated daily.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.