cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to properly remove my authorized user status score dropped from 768 down to 690

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to properly remove my authorized user status score dropped from 768 down to 690

When mine was terminated,not yet removed it definitely still impacted my aaoa. I was pretty surprised my DW. Thought adding me as an AU to a 150 sl Victoria secret card would be good for me. But at least she tried. Made sure to explain to her never do anything with credit unless u run it by me lol. She agreed 😂😒
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to properly remove my authorized user status score dropped from 768 down to 690

@dtk6802 😂😂😂 I apologize but thank you for the laugh. I can’t tell you how much that reminds me of telling someone else something similar. Do not do that without checking with me first. But, of course we know how that goes, LOL!

Let me ask you a question though: once you were terminated but not yet removed, you said it still affected your age. Did it still affect your utilization? And if so, did it stay at that percentage until removed due to the lack of updates due to termination?

If so and utilization was it zero it would be beautiful to be able to have it stuck that way without removing it. Benefit of age without detriment of utilization. Which is actually what our OP is trying to determine I believe?
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm almost sure it did not affect utilization once it was terminated, I'm not positive. The small 150$ limit didn't change percent I could just see the extra 150 total credit limit.
Lol I still make sure the DW understands how important her credit is... Otherwise she would Max out her starter cards lol
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well OP, I think we are getting close. Now all we need is confirmation.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me go check my backdated reports see if I can figure this out for sure
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only had the account on my report for less than two weeks. From what I saw until the account was completely removed it affected my utilization it went from 7% to 6% and when it was fullyremoved it went back.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So even after termination it appeared to affect your utilization until removal? Well, in that case it appears it may be YMMV. My advice would be terminate, wait and see. You’ve got nothing to lose by waiting. If it doesn’t work out, you can then remove.

Oh yeah, then you can contribute DP’s for DP’s sake! 😉
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my research I noticed it did affect my average age of accounts at least according to credit karma while the account was terminated. I hope this helps somebody along the way. Before this happened to me I was under the impression you could remove yourself as an authorized user in that in itself would remove the account you should have seen my face when I saw that Victoria's secret $150 starting limit after she added me as an au.😒🤔🤔🤯
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.