cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view "what's changed" on Credit Check Total?

tag
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

How to view "what's changed" on Credit Check Total?

Hey all. My score mysteriously dropped 14 points between yesterday and today and I can't figure out, for the life of me, what caused it.

On Credit Karma, whenever your score changes (up or down), you can tap on the score and there's a section called "What's changed" and it shows things like, "Balance increased on Capital One", "Balance decreased on Citibank", "Average age of accounts increased", "1 new inquiry", etc.

Is there an equivalent on Credit Check Total for each time your score changes? I know under the "Protection" tab it shows major things like if there's a big balance change or a credit report is pulled, but I'm looking for something more granular that might indicate why or how a score could change so much in a day.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to view "what's changed" on Credit Check Total?

Very good question and I look forward to the answer should someone provide it.  My CCT numbers all changed this Tuesday vs last Tuesday when I pulled them.  My TU and EX numbers went up 5-10 points each but my EQ went down 29 points.  In looking through the reports I couldn't see anything that changed at all on any of them in that one week; all of the numbers were the same.  Like you said, it would be nice to have some sort of reason for the changes.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is always the possibility of being rebucketed after your accounts age to a certain point.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, but that would result in score increases not a decrease.

Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I've only had CCT for about 2 months nkw, and haven't noticed anything available like that on the site. If it is there, I haven't picked up on it yet. That would be nice to have as an extra resource.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No doubt about it.  It's just annoying going through every single account you have trying to figure out why 2 scores rose and 1 dropped from one week to the next when literally everything is identical.  Some sort of explanation would be very useful.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.