Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am sad

tag
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

I am sad

I sent out 10 GWs during the first week of July and received 2 denials and no response from the rest. I run to the mailbox everyday just hoping there is a response to any of my other GWs and its driving me crazy! I'm not sure if it's worth my time since most of the GWs were regarding late payments during 2005-2006. Should I still send another GW to everyone?

I also did GWs to 3 different CAs I paid on from 2003 hoping they'd delete it since it was awhile ago. I wonder if I could ask the CRAs to delete it. Would this work? I doubt it but thought I'd ask...

02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am sad

Why not try. What do you have to loose it is already a neg right. If you fail it is still the same. But if you succeed you win a Positive. Don't give up keep your chin up. Have you tried Planet Feedback (PFB)yet. There are some success stories on here about it.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

ariesdreamer wrote:
I sent out 10 GWs during the first week of July and received 2 denials and no response from the rest. I run to the mailbox everyday just hoping there is a response to any of my other GWs and its driving me crazy! I'm not sure if it's worth my time since most of the GWs were regarding late payments during 2005-2006. Should I still send another GW to everyone?

I also did GWs to 3 different CAs I paid on from 2003 hoping they'd delete it since it was awhile ago. I wonder if I could ask the CRAs to delete it. Would this work? I doubt it but thought I'd ask...

Cheer up where all here for ya and were all in this together, nobody said it was gonna
be easy, Keep trying and research more letter styles to send, also file disputes if
you see one thing wrong with the reporting, you get lucky and get a removal or 2.Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 13
ronq
Regular Contributor

I have lates from 2004 and 2005. The good thing is that my score went up when the last of my BADDIEs hit the 2 year mark. Just keep up the good work and keep trying. The worst they can do is say no.
EX. 780 TU 794.
Message 4 of 13
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

Ok you guys convinced me then! Smiley Happy I'll give it a try again. Never thought this would be time-consuming but it'll be worth it in the end. Thank you for the encouraging words everyone! It's nice that others understand. My family and bf think I'm nuts since I've been on a mission to tidy up my credit but they all have excellent credit so they don't know what I'm going thru.

Thanks guys!
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would imagine each time you send it someone new reads it. It won't hurt to send it again. Hehe. I have been pushing for something to be removed for months. It hasn't yet, but I keep trying. You might also add this is your second, third, .... letter and have received no response. Make sure the address are correct.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-16-2007 05:54 PM
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pizza guy is right.  I keep thinking someone nice will read my gw letter.  I mailed it , faxed it (several times) and even fedexd it all in one week.  I am not giving up.  I'll let you know if it works..
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, keep going.
Try different paper.
Something other than the plain black and white.
Use different wording each time.
Dot your i's with hearts Smiley Very Happy

Something may make someones day, and *poof* it'll be gone!
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you check your credit report.  I had two old accounts deleted and they never sent a response.  My score just increased and I noticed the accounts gone.  Check your credit reports.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

ariesdreamer wrote:
Ok you guys convinced me then! Smiley Happy I'll give it a try again. Never thought this would be time-consuming but it'll be worth it in the end. Thank you for the encouraging words everyone! It's nice that others understand. My family and bf think I'm nuts since I've been on a mission to tidy up my credit but they all have excellent credit so they don't know what I'm going thru.

Thanks guys!

Good for you, and remember you (we) got ourselves into this mess wether it being circumstances
beyond our control and not paying attention or in my case plain ole ignorence of credit management,
no one will fix it for you, but you and the help of the fine people here who are in exactly the same
boat as you are now and or at one time or another....don't give up untill close to 800 and it will take a few years to get there for sure....
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.