Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I finally did it. CC closures

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I finally did it. CC closures

I finally bit the bullet and closed out 3 cards. No, I’m not concerned with AAoA, utilization, etc. (These cards were young and low limit anyway.) I have been wanting simplicity for awhile now. I was getting tired of taking forever to decide which card to use for what.

I closed my SavorOne, BBVA Clearpoints, and my US Bank Cash+. Yes, I know those were quite recent acquisitions for me, but like I said, I’m not going to worry about the small stuff. 

Now my card catalogue consists of my Disco, my Amex, and my Citi DC. My so-desired 3 card life has been achieved. 

Maybe I did it just to prove Saeren wrong lol but I seriously feel pretty relieved and happy about this. 

And no, I’m not planning on replacing those closed cards. I really wanted to have only 3, and it’s not worth the headache to have more. Even the upcoming Apple Card will not grace my wallet. I really want to grow my DC, so no new accounts for me. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I finally did it. CC closures

Smiley Surprised

There are better ways to prove me wrong!

The Cash+... swoon.gif

Message 2 of 39
calyx
Super Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

I finally bit the bullet and closed out 3 cards. No, I’m not concerned with AAoA, utilization, etc. (These cards were young and low limit anyway.) I have been wanting simplicity for awhile now. I was getting tired of taking forever to decide which card to use for what.

I closed my SavorOne, BBVA Clearpoints, and my US Bank Cash+. Yes, I know those were quite recent acquisitions for me, but like I said, I’m not going to worry about the small stuff. 

Now my card catalogue consists of my Disco, my Amex, and my Citi DC. My so-desired 3 card life has been achieved. 

Maybe I did it just to prove Saeren wrong lol but I seriously feel pretty relieved and happy about this. 

And no, I’m not planning on replacing those closed cards. I really wanted to have only 3, and it’s not worth the headache to have more. Even the upcoming Apple Card will not grace my wallet. I really want to grow my DC, so no new accounts for me. 

I want to know how many people's hearts are going to skip a beat when they saw you closed your Cash+

CONGRATS on your personal success/milestone!!! Smiley Happy

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

My heart about stopped when I saw that. 💀 🧟‍♂️

Message 4 of 39
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's in my nature to laugh when shocked, and I did chuckle out loud when I read it.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's in my nature to laugh when shocked, and I did chuckle out loud when I read it.

🤣 

I probably made an audible gasp. Had I been around people, I probably would have drawn some attention and upon explanation of my gasp, some funny looks for caring that much about a credit card. smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 6 of 39
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Well- now that's refreshing
Like, cannonball into a crisp ice cold pool on a 114° California summer day, refreshing.

CC closure takes some cajones.

Message 7 of 39
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@calyx wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

I want to know how many people's hearts are going to skip a beat when they saw you closed your Cash+

Wow, I had no idea the Cash+ meant so much to people lol Is it just because of my crazy approval story? Or is there some unwritten rule about shunning US Bank....am I going to wake up with a shredded credit card in my bed.....

Message 8 of 39
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@SoCalifornia wrote:
Well- now that's refreshing
Like, cannonball into a crisp ice cold pool on a 114° California summer day, refreshing.

CC closure takes some cajones.

😂😂😂

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@calyx wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Wow, I had no idea the Cash+ meant so much to people lol Is it just because of my crazy approval story? Or is there some unwritten rule about shunning US Bank....am I going to wake up with a shredded credit card in my bed.....

It’s like THE goal card for many people here. There aren’t many options for cash back from utilities and you just dropped the two best ones! 

As long as you’re happy, that’s all that counts. You have more cajones than me apparently because I can’t even bring myself to get rid of my SSFCU card. 

I want to hit that $100K in TLs. Just cause. 🤷‍♂️ 

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.