Did you mean: 

I hate Capital One

tag
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

I hate Capital One

I just wanted you all to know that.

But, since I have your attention...
My relationship with Capital One is as follows. I received the Platinum card three years ago in May. I casually used it and paid on time until November 2017. Yes, a late payment- which gets to tag along with me until 2024 now. Regardless, they had no problem approving me for the QS1 last year in May. I wasn't aware I could product change that Platinum to a Quicksilver until shortly after I had the QS1. Pissed, however, I did so.

Now, my QS seems bucketed at 3 years old and my QS1 is approaching its first anniversary. Aside from the Credit Steps with the QS1, I have never received an increase with Cap1. I know everyone's report is different, but I'm reading where people have grown and received hefty CLI's with Cap1 while I'm over here looking at these silver twins like w-tf guys? And then there's the 'account combination will return, we just don't know when sir'. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate here, but, what's the likelihood either of these anniversaries will yield an increase? I lay on the love button like a down feathered pillow. I don't know what else to do other than SD them if they don't show me some love.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I hate Capital One

You have two Chase cards, I would probably write off Cap at this point, especially the QS1 if you can’t PC it.
Message 2 of 27
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@Saeren
I really just had to rant hard one more time, since I think about credit like 12hours out of the day now (thanks to myFICO). Yeah, once I go after Disco next week, the silver twins will get the sock drawer treatment for Netflix and Spotify.

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

They can be really frustrating, I get it. I was one of the lucky ones but it took 4 years to get my card where it’s at. But if I didn’t have the PayPal, I would have kept my NFCU cashRewards and used that instead of the QS for my daily driver because it’s a better card with more offers. If I had Chase, I would put Chase over Cap as well.

I can’t believe I am actually thinking about a Savor app later this year... I must be a glutton for punishment 😂
Message 4 of 27
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Just so I understand, you violated your contract by paying at least 30 days after your due date less than 2 years ago and are ticked off that they are not rewarding you with more credit?
Message 5 of 27
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@dragontears
Sort of- I will be more transparent.

I violated my contract once, after being a loyal customer- due to losing the house I was renting, because the owner decided it would benefit her better to sell, even though we were solid tenants for two years, ultimately forcing my family of six into homelessness. I still managed to pay my bills and restore normalcy for my family- finally building everything, including my credit back up to par.

All along, explaining and pleading with a comglomorate financial institution to have sweet mercy and simply forgive me for a terrible trespass against their contractual agreement, while I was living in a hotel room.

You're right. How arrogant of me.
I should be asking for 50 more lashes

Message 6 of 27
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@Saeren
You most definitely are a glutton for punishment. However, at this point, Savor is the only Cap card I'd actually want in my wallet.

So, I feel ya

Message 7 of 27
OmarR
Established Contributor

@SoCalifornia wrote:
due to losing the house I was renting, because the owner decided it would benefit her better to sell, even though we were solid tenants for two years

OP,

While it does suck that life threw you this curve ball, do you realize that the owner's decision to sell her property had nothing to do with what kind of tenant you were?

Also, there are a lot of good threads on this forum about "Emergency Funds" and "Auto-Pay" that would be good reading for you and could help you out for any future life events.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 8 of 27
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@OmarR
Thanks. I have already pulled myself from that hole and set up my fail safes. That will never happen again. It was a life lesson. I simply took @dragontears post a bit to heart and a little condescending at the time. I realize that was immature. I've made my apologies ☝🏽

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't expect anything huge from capital one. I got rid of secured card after 13 months of paying balance in full.
I keep my qs500 limit since I need a better (card for non 5% disco purchases)
My discover anniversary is up the 19th.
I'll have to decide if I want another year with discover ( Wich would make my current disco card useless until I hopefully combine in a year) or go for an amex. Gold 50000 mrps looks good
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.