cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've had it. I give up! I take one step forward and two steps back.

tag
Valued Member

Re: I've had it. I give up! I take one step forward and two steps back.

No one said you need to be 1-9% for good scores. Being at 1-9% is just the "sweet spot" if you will.

Yes sweet spot in deed.... well it baffles me just 20 days ago before I applied for my credit card today in which the Inquiry did affect my score of course. I had scores of:

726 Trans
715 EQ
720 EX

These are with reported Utilz of 27% and just earlier I pulled my scores with a 0 % Util which I stated in an earlier post, the results of my scores after todays inquiry

722 Trans
712 EQ
718 EX

Based on the given theory posted earlier I should have expected improvement in my scores at least by 5 to 7 points per score even after taking into account the hard inquiry today. Seeing as nothing else changed in my report but the inquiry and my utilization rate.Smiley Happy ....
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe in the 1-9% utli. I have just recently been reading about the 1-9 and plan to get my cc's down to around that within the next two months.

However, I will say that I don't think that the 1-9% utli is written in stone, IMO, I think what Tuscani and others are saying, as well as the link back on Tuscani's post....if you we have bad or poor credit and we are trying to build our credit back up, it is a good ideal to follow those amounts as best as possible in order to practice managing our credit in a better/different way.

My credit balances are 30% to 50% max and Fico does have in a yellow highlighted box GOOD. But on the other hand, I do want to get my balances down to about 9%. Personally, I think it would look better for me in the long run.

It does take time...time that seems like a lifetime. But hang in there and pay on time. I am in the low 600's, but I plan to be in the 700 club by the end of this year, if not sooner. It will be much relief and seven long years.

But I have not given up, and neither should you.
Message 12 of 15
Valued Member

No one said you need to be 1-9% for good scores. Being at 1-9% is just the "sweet spot" if you will.

Yes sweet spot in deed.... well it baffles me just 20 days ago before I applied for my credit card today in which the Inquiry did affect my score of course. I had scores of:

726 Trans
715 EQ
720 EX

These are with reported Utilz of 27% and just earlier I pulled my scores with a 0 % Util which I stated in an earlier post, the results of my scores after todays inquiry

722 Trans
712 EQ
718 EX

Based on the given theory posted earlier I should have expected improvement in my scores at least by 5 to 7 points per score even after taking into account the hard inquiry today. Seeing as nothing else changed in my report but the inquiry and my utilization rate. ....

Whoops there should be a 1 in front of the 0 as in 10% Util not 0% duhhh lol silly me..
Message 13 of 15
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Sorry I freaked out.  I just had another collection item added to my report.  It was a ticket from 2003.  I don't even know what it's for.  I think an unpaid driving ticket.  I called to find out many times, but I never got through to anyone.  One time I was on hold for 45 minutes! Frankly, I can't remember the details, but I want to say I paid it over the phone by credit card.  When I finally got through to someone, she said they had problems with their system and some payments were not processed, so she always suggests people call in to make a payment.  Brilliant idea! I spoke to a supervisor and he said that he couldn't do anything for me.  If I wanted to, I could write the courts and ask to have them remove it once I explained the circumstances.  I know it's my fault for not paying the ticket.  At that time, I was pressed for cash.  I'm trying to fix everything now, but it just seems never ending.  Just tired of this game.  I was so excited to buy a house and now I know this probably brought my middle score below the needed 620.  I just got my score there days ago.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah32 wrote:
I just had another collection item added to my report.  It was a ticket from 2003.  I don't even know what it's for.  I think an unpaid driving ticket.  I called to find out many times, but I never got through to anyone.  One time I was on hold for 45 minutes! Frankly, I can't remember the details, but I want to say I paid it over the phone by credit card.

If you think you paid it, then DV them. Make 'em cough some validation. Do it right away so it's timely.

Dispute it with the CRA. Tell 'em you paid it.

Contact the court and see what you can find out. Tell 'em you recall paying over the phone.

Would it have been paid with a CC you still have? Do you still have the old CC statements? If not, you could try contacting the CCC and inquire about scanned images or copies of old statements.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.