Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Theft Protection through Discover

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

ID Theft Protection through Discover

is it worth it in terms of credit reports & scores, as well as regular ID Theft Protection such as lifelock? Also does anyone have it through Discover?

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Braydon
New Contributor

Re: ID Theft Protection through Discover

There ok they pull TU and give you a FAKO score for $9.99 a month. One thing I liked about them was I could log on everyday and check my TU report. 

The ID theft was a waste it took them 2 months to let me know I had a new account reporting.

Message 2 of 9
ezef3ar
Contributor

I'm paying the 9.99$. For the 3 credit reports I know it's fako. But I love it. Smiley Happy And to me it's totally worth it
Message 3 of 9
Braydon
New Contributor

Your getting all 3 for $9.99 a month? Gezzz when I had them it was only one and that was TU.

Message 4 of 9
ezef3ar
Contributor

Nope. Now it's. all 3. Smiley Happy. that's the only reason I like it I mean I know it's not the real fico score but I like the design of the website and how.... I can see all my information for mistakes or errors on my credit Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
linux007969
Established Contributor

@ezef3ar wrote:
Nope. Now it's. all 3. Smiley Happy. that's the only reason I like it I mean I know it's not the real fico score but I like the design of the website and how.... I can see all my information for mistakes or errors on my credit Smiley Happy

maybe i will get them,i did call discover and ask them about it and a nice guy went over basically everything listed on their site and he even mentioned differences between id theft protection vs credit card fraud protection. nice thing is i can get it and cancel it at any time and start it up again at anytime with no penalties. Smiley LOL

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 6 of 9
Braydon
New Contributor

I may head on over to Discover and check this out. If they now offer 3 reports for $9.99 a month it might be worth it.

I know American Express offers it for 15.99 a month with FAKO scores but you can only check them twice a month.

Message 7 of 9
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I actually just got it and so far I like it. Its FAKO, but cant beat $9.99 for all three reports. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 8 of 9
iCoop
Regular Contributor

Perhaps you may try what I am doing. I pay myFICO $4.95 a month for my true TU FICO score and monitoring and I also pay Citi $4.95/month for IdentityMonitor, which updates me quite frequently on items affecting all of my credit reports and scores. Both of these services work with the security freezes currently in place on all my files.

I passed on the service offered through my Discover card.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.