Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Theft Victim - HELP!

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: Identity Theft Victim - HELP!

Another round of disputes sent today to the credit bureaus and collection agencies. I also have been in contact with my states Attorney General to see if he can help. We shall see, its just a waiting game now.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What CB was it here in the last 1 or 2 years that was sued by an individual?  I can't recall exactly, but whichever one it was LOST a HUGE settlement (try in the millions), because they refused to remove erroneous information from the individual's report.  You should contact a lawyer and start these proceedings against the creditors AND the bureaus, and use this particular lawsuit/case as precedent.  Any good case lawyer would have a field day with this!
Message 12 of 18
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I hope someone remembers, cause I am meeting with this guy tomorrow.

Christopher Green
Attorney at Law
225 106th Avenue NE
Bellevue WA 98004
(206) 686-4558
(206) 686-2558 facsimile
www.MyFairCredit.com
Chris@MyFairCredit.com

Message Edited by ngerasimatos on 02-28-2008 09:06 PM

800+ Club
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

ngerasimatos wrote:
I hope someone remembers, cause I am meeting with this guy tomorrow.

Christopher Green
Attorney at Law
225 106th Avenue NE
Bellevue WA 98004
(206) 686-4558
(206) 686-2558 facsimile
www.MyFairCredit.com
Chris@MyFairCredit.com

Message Edited by ngerasimatos on 02-28-2008 09:06 PM

Found an article about it!

Now you can Google more articles, since her name is listed in that one.  Good luck, and please reply back here within this thread with any new info you get (including the meeting with the lawyer), since many of us are keeping track of it.

Message Edited by eobiomed on 02-28-2008 09:28 PM
Message 14 of 18
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Wow, sounds like what I am going through.

I am going to scan and post some of my information, police report, letter from the DA, bureau responses (edited of course to remove sensitive data) to let you all see the trouble I have been going through.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2007/11/ftaccuracy.shtm

The Federal Trade Commission and the federal financial regulatory agencies (the Agencies) have approved proposed regulations and guidelines to help ensure the accuracy and integrity of information provided to consumer reporting agencies and to allow consumers to directly dispute inaccuracies with financial institutions and other entities that furnish information to consumer reporting agencies. This information is widely used to determine eligibility for credit, employment, insurance, and rental housing.

Message Edited by ngerasimatos on 02-28-2008 09:35 PM

800+ Club
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG! I just stumbled across this long letter that you wrote, and I was in a daze reading this story.  Wow - I am so sorry that this happened to you. I am writing to tell you that You are NOT alone!!  Almost the same exact thing happened to me several years ago, and I have been going through the same BS for close to 10 years ... I was getting ready to attend college and the "friends of a friend" that I rented a room from in TX did that very same thing to me!!  I have gone through so much and the cycle continues!  I cannot take it any longer and feel that there is no one out there to REALLY help those ID theft victims re-build their lives with the credit bureaus.  I have been through 3 lawyers, several credit repair services and other "fix-it" services and all a big waste of time and money.  Seems the only thing we can do is to really be careful with the creditors and other services we use, and be sure that they actually report to all three - Acurately!  Please feel free to email me - maybe we can come up with a solution!

Message 16 of 18
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OMG! I just stumbled across this long letter that you wrote, and I was in a daze reading this story.  Wow - I am so sorry that this happened to you. I am writing to tell you that You are NOT alone!!  Almost the same exact thing happened to me several years ago, and I have been going through the same BS for close to 10 years ... I was getting ready to attend college and the "friends of a friend" that I rented a room from in TX did that very same thing to me!!  I have gone through so much and the cycle continues!  I cannot take it any longer and feel that there is no one out there to REALLY help those ID theft victims re-build their lives with the credit bureaus.  I have been through 3 lawyers, several credit repair services and other "fix-it" services and all a big waste of time and money.  Seems the only thing we can do is to really be careful with the creditors and other services we use, and be sure that they actually report to all three - Acurately!  Please feel free to email me - maybe we can come up with a solution!

Just an FYI.  This thread is 4 years old.  The OP last posted over a year ago, though they may be lurking if not posting.  You might not get a response.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1 But wow!  what a story!  I sure hope everything worked out!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.