cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries

tag
richi123rich

Inquiries

Why my credit score did not improve if one of the credit agencies delete 7 inquiries that were not belongs to me from May until present?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Inquiries

Hi, welcome to the forums!

Inquiries don't really have that much impact on scores, maybe 2-5 points or so, unless there is absolutely nothing else wrong with your reports. Even then, they don't really count after a certain number, somewhere around 6 or so. Also, they're sort of clumped. So there might not be a ding for the first, but there is for the second (now you have 2), not for the third, but there might be for the fourth (now you have four), and so on.

So I'd say that this inq just isn't counting.

edit to add: I'm sorry, I misread your post. So all inqs were deleted? Are there still some left from Sept or Oct 2009 onward? And did you pull a FICO Equifax or TransUnion score, as opposed to a FAKO from a credit monitoring service or from Experian, which won't let us buy our own Experian FICO scores?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
richi123rich

Hi,

Yes were deleted 7 inquiries from May 26, 2010 thru August 5 2010. I heard that if these inquiries can be deleted my credit score can be goes up.

Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@richi123rich wrote:

Hi,

Yes were deleted 7 inquiries from May 26, 2010 thru August 5 2010. I heard that if these inquiries can be deleted my credit score can be goes up.

I understand, but are there any inquiries still remaining on the report, besides the 7 ones that were removed?

And again, where did you get your score? There are many, many non-FICO scores ("FAKO's"), and they score things differently.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.