cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Anyone Else Having Trouble Logging Into Synchrony Accounts?

tag
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

Is Anyone Else Having Trouble Logging Into Synchrony Accounts?

For the past couple weeks, my connection has failed when trying to log on to my Sam's, Marvel, and Amazon accounts.  After entering my id & password, it just spins and never connects to the account.  The only accounts I can access are Care Credit and Paypal.  There is nothing wrong with the accounts.  I can use them and I can access account activity by calling.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Is Anyone Else Having Trouble Logging Into Synchrony Accounts?

I'm having no issues with Verizon. Have you cleared cookies and browser history? Tried another browser?

Message 2 of 11
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

I'm having no issues with Verizon. Have you cleared cookies and browser history? Tried another browser?

Yes I did.  Was the first thing I tried.

Message 3 of 11
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

+1

Yep, it's most likely cookies. I experience this when I reach 10-12 cookies.

If using chrome go to settings - privacy and security - cookies and other site data - see all cookies and site data.

in the search box on top right enter "syf" that will populate most synchrony accounts. Click on the delete icon. Sometimes you may need to enter the store name as well, just to be sure you've cleared them all. Then go back to web page and log in as usual. 

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 4 of 11
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

+1

If using chrome go to settings - privacy and security - cookies and other site data - see all cookies and site data.

in the search box on top right enter "syf" that will populate most synchrony accounts. Click on the delete icon. Sometimes you may need to enter the store name as well, just to be sure you've cleared them all. Then go back to web page and log in as usual. 

I had already cleared out everything.  No go.

Message 5 of 11
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Gonzozap wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

+1

I had already cleared out everything.  No go.

If that didn't work, I would contact the tech support team. May have to reset login credentials or something? Good luck!

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 6 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Gonzozap wrote:

For the past couple weeks, my connection has failed when trying to log on to my Sam's, Marvel, and Amazon accounts.  After entering my id & password, it just spins and never connects to the account.  The only accounts I can access are Care Credit and Paypal.  There is nothing wrong with the accounts.  I can use them and I can access account activity by calling.

Just wanted to confirm that I can access Sam's Club and Marvel without any issues.  So, this appears to be user/account-specific.  Are you able to access them via mobile device vs. desktop?

Message 7 of 11
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Gonzozap wrote:

Just wanted to confirm that I can access Sam's Club and Marvel without any issues.  So, this appears to be user/account-specific.  Are you able to access them via mobile device vs. desktop?

Thx for that tip.  Strangely, I was able to log in from my ipad.

Message 8 of 11
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Gonzozap wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Gonzozap wrote:

Thx for that tip.  Strangely, I was able to log in from my ipad.

I have about 3 sites I can no longer access through Firefox (cleared cookies and everything) 2 of them  I can access through chrome and the other a SYNC account I can access from my phone. 

One of the great mysteries of the universe.

Message 9 of 11
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

"I have about 3 sites I can no longer access through Firefox (cleared cookies and everything) 2 of them  I can access through chrome and the other a SYNC account I can access from my phone. 

One of the great mysteries of the universe."

Yes, it is a mystery. Hate when the computer acts like it needs medication.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.