Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Factual Data Inquiry a Hard Pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Factual Data Inquiry a Hard Pull?

I began a mortgage application online and saved it about 50% of the way through. I didn't complete it yet. I already received alerts from credit monitoring about a Factual Data Inquiry. Is this Factual Data Inquiry the hard pull that starts the clock? I wasn't planning on submitting the application for a few more days until the weekend. I did not expect a hard inquiry until I actually *submitted* the application.

It's my understanding when applying for a mortgage, you have 1-2weeks to shop around without being penalized for multiple inquires. I'm anxious the clock already started.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Factual Data Inquiry a Hard Pull?

Sounds like a HP to me.

Message 2 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I began a mortgage application online and saved it about 50% of the way through. I didn't complete it yet. I already received alerts from credit monitoring about a Factual Data Inquiry. Is this Factual Data Inquiry the hard pull that starts the clock? I wasn't planning on submitting the application for a few more days until the weekend. I did not expect a hard inquiry until I actually *submitted* the application.

It's my understanding when applying for a mortgage, you have 1-2weeks to shop around without being penalized for multiple inquires. I'm anxious the clock already started.

It's a hard pull, Factual Data combines info from all three major CRAs. 

Whether it would be binned with other mortgage inquiries in a specified period of time depends on how the HP was coded (it's purpose).

Message 3 of 4
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

I received Factual Data inquiries when shopping for a mortgage. So yes, hard pull.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.