Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it safe to check my CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it safe to check my CR?

My most recent CapitalOne CC monthly statement was just updated this afternnon. I am curious to see how my new balance has improved my FICO, is it safe to order my credit score now?

Also does anybody know if TransUnion score's are still relevant in Canada or is Equifax FICO the only score we now use in Canada?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it safe to check my CR?

Answer to my own question:

Hopefully this might help some one some day, i spoke to Equifax Canada and they said it takes 2 weeks for them to update your score, even if the credit card company reported the new $0 balance today.

Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wow, even slower than in the US.

I have no info on which CRA's are currently active in Canada. Sorry! With luck, someone else knows.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Wow, even slower than in the US.

I have no info on which CRA's are currently active in Canada. Sorry! With luck, someone else knows.

how long is it in the US?

Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

In my experience, Equifax usually takes between 3 and 6 days to post the information that they receive. Sometimes quite a bit longer.  Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.