cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this account reporting right? (Update: double report on EQ)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this account reporting right? (Update: double report on EQ)

I'd like to take the disputed remarks off this account but I want to make sure it is reporting properly. This is a collection account that is closed and paid. I changed the color to red for the areas I am curious about. I had initially disputed this account because it didnt update to showing paid or anything. 

CONSERVE #1273****PO BOX 7FAIRPORT, NY 14450(800) 724-7500
Placed For Collection:01/15/2015
Responsibility:Individual Account
Account Type:Open Account
Loan Type:COLLECTION AGENCY/ATTORNEY
Balance:$0
Date Updated:06/19/2018
Last Payment Made::09/02/2016
Original Amount:$1,700
Original Creditor:BRYANT STRATTON (Educational)
Pay Status:>In Collection<
Date Closed:08/05/2016
Remarks: ACCT INFO DISPUTED BY CONSUMR; >SETTLED-LESS THAN FULL BLNC<; >PAID COLLECTION<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 09/2021
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this account reporting right?

This does not make sense at all, and I guess this is why people are not responding.

They should have removed it if it was PAID IN FULL, or settled for the lesser balance, or at least close the collection. I would first reach out to them, and then I would reach out to the credit reporting agencies such as Equifax.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This does not make sense at all, and I guess this is why people are not responding.

They should have removed it if it was PAID IN FULL, or settled for the lesser balance, or at least close the collection. I would first reach out to them, and then I would reach out to the credit reporting agencies such as Equifax.

The open account type isn’t the status of the account, it’s the type of account they’re reporting. 

It says its 0, it shows it was settled, and it has a removal date. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it that’s worth disputing. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It shows a $0 balance but the closed account and paid remarks are from my dispute of it last year. Its listed under consumer remarks. The reported account itself doesnt actually say its closed or been paid. It still has the pay status as collection instead of paid. It's close date is different than the last payment date too. I want to remove my dispute but with it would go the paid and closed collection remarks.
One of my other credit reports has this account listed again separately from the original report as a second report that it is unpaid and in collection with a balance of 1700. I just saw that today.

Here is their reporting on my Equifax report. 

Most recent report:

Date Reported: Jan 14, 2019
Collection Agency CONSERVE

Balance Date Jan 14, 2019
Original Creditor Name BRYANT STRATTON

Account Designator Code INDIVIDUAL_ACCOUNT
Date Assigned Jan 15, 2015

Account Number xxxxxx 25
Original Amount Owed $1,700

Creditor Classification Educational
Amount $1,423

Last Payment Date Jul 29, 2016
Status Date Jan 14, 2019

Date of First Delinquency Oct 07, 2014

Status UNPAID

And report from 2018

Date Reported: Jun 22, 2018
Collection Agency CONSERVE

Balance Date Jun 22, 2018
Original Creditor Name BRYANT STRATTON

Account Designator Code INDIVIDUAL_ACCOUNT
Date Assigned Jan 15, 2015

Account Number xxxxx 42
Original Amount Owed $1,700

Creditor Classification Educational
Amount $0

Last Payment Date May 31, 2016
Status Date Jun 22, 2018

Date of First Delinquency Oct 01, 2014
Status PAID

Even a the dates are different for things. These people are a nightmare. How did they even get away with double reporting this account. Too bad this type of ovbious misrepresentation of my account isnt grounds to get it deleted by the CRA.

ETA: Just noticed while proofing that the last two of the account number are different for the two accounts posted to EQ

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.