Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment Really Gone!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment Really Gone!!

This is the letter that I sent to TransUnion because the judgement was deleted from the other two.  I did fax them copies of my bk paperwork which shows American General Finance as one of the creditors included in the BK.  It was a goodwill letter that I sent.  Even if you don't have a bk I would say just send the gw letter anyway and see what happens.  They can delete or they can say no. Just try. Here's the letter.

July 31, 2007

TransUnion Customer Relations
P.O. Box 1000
Chester, PA19022
SSN#:

Civil Judgment Account #  

Company’s Name: American General Finance Co.    
Amount: $ 

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to my Trans Union credit report. I have a civil judgment on the above referenced account. Since that time I have been working very hard to clear up inconsistencies on my credit report as well as dispute errors.  I am enclosing for your review the discharge papers as well as a copy of the creditors who were included in that discharged BK7 and this creditor is one of them.

My dispute all along has been that this creditor put this judgment on my report after receiving electronic notice of our filing of the BK7.  This judgment has been deleted from Equifax and Experian as well.  I would appreciate the same from you.  In your verification of this debt, please provide for me the name, address, and phone number of the individual(s) that you spoke with in doing so.  I have tried contacting the Cook County 1st Municipal Court regarding this civil judgment and they can only verify that this is on my record but they don’t give me any further information as how to remove it.  I was never served at home and I never received a phone call regarding the judgment or a court date.  The first that I ever heard of this was when it appeared on my credit reports. It has been 5 years since this bankruptcy has been discharged and in that time I have tried to be as consistent with my payments and being responsible as I could have been due to circumstances (loss of employment two times) beyond my control.

I have been a very happy customer in the past  with TransUnion and hope to continue a long relationship with you. With today’s credit industry so competitive, I know how important it is to maintain good relationships with customers. TransUnion has been exceptional in my book so far and I highly recommend it to all my friends and relatives. I hope that you will deeply consider my request and prove once again, why TransUnion is heads above the rest. I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

myhearts07 wrote:
Got credit report today from TU, Civil Judgement, deleted!!!!!
SPS - Mtg. Tradeline lots of lates--  Deleted!!!
Portfolio Recovery- included in Bk---deleted!!!

God is good hearts....WTG!!
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

And you know this....
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

HE always has a better plan! Keep the Faith and keep up the good work, I've been praying for you and your family!!!
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

myhearts07 wrote:
Got credit report today from TU, Civil Judgement, deleted!!!!!
SPS - Mtg. Tradeline lots of lates--  Deleted!!!
Portfolio Recovery- included in Bk---deleted!!!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!  I'm thrilled for ya girlie!!
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, everyone.....
Message 16 of 25
demitasse03
Valued Member

Congratulations myhearts07!

Has anyone ever heard of CRAs deleting paid judgments?
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, but they deleted an unpaid one.  try it, nothung to lose.
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

myhearts, how did you send it?  Mail?  CMRR? 
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Faxed it to TU (it was only showing on them, EQ and EX had already deleted).
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.