Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just need to vent . . .

tag
Migraine
New Contributor

Re: Just need to vent . . .

Sounds a lot like my town~population 2600.I hope you and your family are able to move into someplace quickly.My heart & blessings go out to you.If you were in my area I could find someone to help ya.Lots o Luck!!
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is just terrible.  You seem like a good person.  I think credit checks are over-
used in determining if a person is a good human being or not.  I bought a car about 6 months ago and I noticed that their attitude against me changed immediately after they ran my credit.  They kept saying that I was in a high risk category and should have never let my credit get this way, but will still do the loan at a high rate. They did not realize that at one time I had a choice between paying my bills and feeding my kids because of one executive's decision to lay me off of work.  Well sorry for getting off the mark.  I believe that more emphasis should be put on criminal records.  Also if the tenant is very risky because of credit, make them pay a higher deposit.  No one should ever be denied.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

miz wrote:
We are STILL trying to find a decent place for our family to rent in this small, rural town and found an apartment (which yes, sounded too good to be true, said we could bring our golden retriever and everything), and then find out they will be running a credit check.  GOOD GRIEF.  Her husband is a banker and works at the local bank, so what, just because you CAN???????

Have you applied to rent a place and been denied, or did you not apply out of concern you'd be denied?

If you were denied, did they give you written notice stating something to the effect of, "Denied because of what's in your Equifax/Experian/TransUnion report"?

Did they pull a rental history? There are a myriad of Specialty CRAs, but CRAs nonetheless, that do rental histories. I believe the Specialty CRAs have to give you a copy of your report with them if you're denied.

Message 13 of 15
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Should you get the chance to come online, tonight, Miz ...  Know that many of us are thinking about you and yours.  Have a nice evening.  And good night all.
Message 14 of 15
miz
Contributor

I am so amazed by all of the kind words and compassion I have received in this forum.  You guys are AWESOME!!!  Thanks, everyone . . . I will keep you updated. 
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.