Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep My Fico?

tag
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Keep My Fico?

Hello all,

So now that I have been approved for Amex which gives Experian, Walmart which gives Transunion, and Citi Double Cash which gives Equifax is there a reason I should pay to keep My Fico? I can afford it but I wanted to hear from you guys on whether there is an unforseen benefit to keep it. I also use Credit Karma and Credit Seasame for report updates.

Thanks in advance!

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 9/17/17 EQ 686 TU 702 EX 655 Goal 700+ across
UTL 7%
Last Inq: 9/20/17
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Keep My Fico?

It's more on your personal preference. I have about 8 cards that give me scores, but I still use CCT and CK on the side for info purposes. I keep CCT because sometimes, a lot of my credit card Fico's don't like to play nice and update when they should. Several of them update, but show the date as being up to 2+ weeks prior because the update was late. Some skip months too.

At least I know with.CCT, one time a month I can have all three, up to date for the date I choose, when I need it. Also, I'll have EXP every day. That's what works for me,.but might be overkill for someone else.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 to RM21's statement about cc's not always updating in a timely manner.  I love having a free score for each of the three "main" bureaus, but I hate not be able to count on it when I want it.

To get my credit scores moving in the right direction, I've basically become a total control freak about money & credit skills.  Hopefully, time will help me mellow out while keeping great scores.

Message 3 of 5
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Makes sense, thank you for clarifying everyone Smiley Happy

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 9/17/17 EQ 686 TU 702 EX 655 Goal 700+ across
UTL 7%
Last Inq: 9/20/17
Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Your call to make based on your requirements.

Make sure you're considering the specific scoring model any time you reference scores and not just the CRA.  Citi, for example provides a FICO 8 Bankcard which is not the same thing as FICO 8.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.