Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Derog falls off May 2021. Completely clean file after

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Last Derog falls off May 2021. Completely clean file after

@dcp0524 so yes, if you got it from EX, that will be 2 months earlier than TU and EQ (generally).

If it is Portfolio on your credit report, then it is a collection account.

TU you can still request EE (early exclusion) now. I would even try EX since it is next month. I personally would let it fall off EQ on its own in June/July.

A collection account does not prop up your age of accounts, and collection accounts do nothing for you except keep your scores down. Hopefully you see a nice increase!

Message 11 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, similar situation to yours here. My final derog was an old, closed collection. Paid off a year and a half ago, and it's been sitting there festering ever since - collector refused PFD. I'm in NY so the Purge Law benefits me and mandates exclusion of a paid derog at five years rather than seven. My CA was not updating, so my score had been healing. Unlike the others you mentioned who had other negatives, I do not - this derog is the entirety of non-positive info in my reports. It is fully five years old too. All scores quoted below are Classic FICO8.

Current utilization as of last Friday was 11.22% of $114,400 TCL, reflected as 11% on my report. TU was 705 and EQ 686. I will omit EX for this as the derog is still there, and will fall later this month.

On Saturday EQ dropped it and I gained 44 points, for a new score of 730. On Sunday it fell from TU, netting me a 40 point jump to 745. Current EX score is 709 and I'm anticipating a similar gain there when it falls off.

As stated, every profile is fingerprint-unique so no two will compare exactly. Strengths of mine are an oldest account that's 14 years old, wide array of cards, loans, etc, and zero payment problems other than that derog. On the downside, and what is tempering my scores even now, are inquiries reaching from 8-12 per bureau (some from car shopping, most from card activity), and eight new accounts in 12 months (six cards, one auto loan, one personal loan). Average age is 2y8m.

Hopefully this helps you compare your profile and get a sense of what to expect - by all means, please share your results when your reports go clean Smiley Happy

Congratulations on your score jump's! ...

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dcp0524 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Yeah I have a bunch of hits too. 

EX 10

EQ 7

TU 9

3 or 4 do fall off of my report within the next 5-6 months but I have def been busy. Also applied for a couple of things I had no business applying for.  -_-

What might in hurting my score is my oldest open card is only 2 yrs 2 months old. Idk if my Navient (opened 2008) student loans will prop me up or my revolving accounts being so new will cause a decrease. 

We shall see. 

Congrats on the cleaning things up. I know how hard it is and how dedicated you have to be to the process. I've learned a lot about patience as well. Not much in life has no quick fix available. Credit is one that just takes time.

I will be sure to post back when it does fall off. Hoping to cross 700 for the first time in close to a decade. 

Edit: Im sorry if I'm making replies confusing but idk how everyone is quoting in their replies. All I know how to do is tag who I'm responding to. 

With where your scores are now, I don't see how you stay under 700 when you go clean. I would think 715-730 honestly. And your new revolvers will drop your age average but you have 13 years with your SLs so that will be a big buffer.

You aren't kidding about patience in this stuff - it will be worth it though, no doubts there. 

Message 13 of 18
AlanGJP
Established Contributor

OP, same boat as you. Except I just received an early exclusion removal from TU, so completely clean file there - zero 30/60/90, nothing bad at all. Had a ~40pt jump to about 720. Quite a few new accounts though.

With that said, I was taking advantage of my BBVA 0% APR and forgot about TU EE possibly and 90% it. I just went ahead and PIF all my cards. Since TU EE happened.

By the end of this month, all cards will have a zero balance and TU will report a completely clean file. I'm super excited to see what I hit. Most simulations are showing 40-60 pt jump, so I should be just under 800.

Hope that helps! My cards are in my sig.

Congrats! Feels good doesn't it? Smiley Wink

EDIT: I was wrong! MyFICO.com just updated - I had a 70pt bump, even with my high balance on BBVA. I should be over or close to 800 next month with everything PIF. Smiley Happy

Personal Cards:
Business Cards:
Closed Cards:
Data Points:
Last Updated: 2023/11/09
Message 14 of 18
dcp0524
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous @Anonymous 

Update: I called TU for early exclusion on Thursday 04-15. CSR said no problem, removed it. I waited until today to purchased a refresh from Experian app...

My TU FICO8  went from 692 to 758. Lawdy.

EQ is weird. If I go directly to their website it says i have had no derogatory for almost a month but that last derogatory still shows on Credit Karma EQ score and the paid Experian app. 

I've read enough around here to leave EQ the hell alone so I think I will. 

I'll ask EX for early exclusion in June I believe. 

So close. 

Total Revolving: $159,800 - Utilization: less than 1%

Bank/Loans:

Future Apps:

04/27/2023
FICO 8 - EX: 744 | TU: 772 | EQ: 763
VS 3.0 - EX: 759 | TU: 792 | EQ: 811
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dcp0524 wrote:

@Anonymous @Anonymous 

Update: I called TU for early exclusion on Thursday 04-15. CSR said no problem, removed it. I waited until today to purchased a refresh from Experian app...

My TU FICO8  went from 692 to 758. Lawdy.

EQ is weird. If I go directly to their website it says i have had no derogatory for almost a month but that last derogatory still shows on Credit Karma EQ score and the paid Experian app. 

I've read enough around here to leave EQ the hell alone so I think I will. 

I'll ask EX for early exclusion in June I believe. 

So close. 

Woohoo!

Congrats on your huge score bump! +66pt is AWESOME!

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Now that's an increase to enjoy! Big congrats and hoping the others follow suit Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 18
dcp0524
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous 

Experian removed the last derogatory from my CR yesterday (04-19-21) what they said was a month early. Experian app showed June 2021 for removal, Experian phone rep said May 2021 was removal date so he approved removal a month early.

EX Fico 8 went from 675 to 721. 

That leaves EQ. Fico 8 sits at 700 with derog still reporting so hoping it gets up there with my TU 758. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Update coming when it falls off EQ. 

Total Revolving: $159,800 - Utilization: less than 1%

Bank/Loans:

Future Apps:

04/27/2023
FICO 8 - EX: 744 | TU: 772 | EQ: 763
VS 3.0 - EX: 759 | TU: 792 | EQ: 811
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.