Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payment - Target CC (TD Bank)

tag
JayPaulM29
Regular Contributor

Late Payment - Target CC (TD Bank)

So, just randomly minding my business and I get an alert from Credit Karma saying "1 new missed payment (late payment)"

I logged in and see that Target dinged me for being 30+ days late for a "$1.00". So supposedly when I made my minimum payment on time, it seems that I was short by "$1.00" and they dinged me. So now I have 1 late payment from them. Has anyone had any success in removing late payments from the CR? Do you contact the creditor, CRA, etc? Are they going to laugh at me because I've been dinged for a "$1.00"?

Thanks.

EQ 686 TU 692 EX 673// Goal 725's across///Gardening 2/20/15...Up for air 11/20/15
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Late Payment - Target CC (Comenity Bank)

The Target credit card has never been in the hands of Comenity that I know of (I've been through multiple lenders with mine over the past 16 years).  It's currently issued by TD Bank.  If you failed to make the minimum payment prior to the due date, that would be late.  If it continued to be late through the following due date, then yes that is correctly 30+ days late.  You can try contacting TD Bank through the number on the back of your card to see if they'll change the reporting, assuming you have brought the account current.

As for the $1.00 being laughable, whether you have a $0.01 or $100,000.00 payment that was late, it does the same damage to your credit history and scores.

Message 2 of 4
JayPaulM29
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I'll reach out to them. Yes, the account is current and balance has decreased since then. Hopefully, they'll be forgiving and get it removed. 

@K-in-Boston wrote:

The Target credit card has never been in the hands of Comenity that I know of (I've been through multiple lenders with mine over the past 16 years).  It's currently issued by TD Bank.  If you failed to make the minimum payment prior to the due date, that would be late.  If it continued to be late through the following due date, then yes that is correctly 30+ days late.  You can try contacting TD Bank through the number on the back of your card to see if they'll change the reporting, assuming you have brought the account current.

As for the $1.00 being laughable, whether you have a $0.01 or $100,000.00 payment that was late, it does the same damage to your credit history and scores.

EQ 686 TU 692 EX 673// Goal 725's across///Gardening 2/20/15...Up for air 11/20/15
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Just FYI - the Target CC is serviced by TD Bank, not Comenity Bank.

If a payment was missed due to your oversight, you can contact their c/s to determine whether they can remove the late reporting as a goodwill adjustment. Surely, what was reported was accurate, but I'm sure they may likely work with you since the amount reported late was fairly small.

There should've been a statement generated for the underpayment of your balance, whether you receive them electronically or via snail mail. As a best practice, it's always good to check things to confirm whether your payment credited accordingly.

ETA - I see that @K-in-Boston has already replied 😁
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.