Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late mortgage payment, but not my fault

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late mortgage payment, but not my fault

I have a disability and have a representative payee who is legally required to pay my bills. My FICO score was 830, I just discovered that my mortgage (for major home improvement) has not been paid for the past 3 months! I immediately made the payments, Is there anything I can do about it? I can’t dispute that it wasn’t paid since it wasn’t, but it also wasn’t my fault. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Late mortgage payment, but not my fault

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a disability and have a representative payee who is legally required to pay my bills. My FICO score was 830, I just discovered that my mortgage (for major home improvement) has not been paid for the past 3 months! I immediately made the payments, Is there anything I can do about it? I can’t dispute that it wasn’t paid since it wasn’t, but it also wasn’t my fault. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure because as you say, it wasn't paid. If it had been a 30-day late, "maybe" a GW letter would have sufficed, but 90 days late--Ummm I doubt it. 

On another note. Since the legal representative is not fulfilling his/her fiduciary duty, I sure hope you fired him/her and reported him/her. Did you get the funds back from legal representtive that you paid out? Also, can you sue the legal representative payee if your funds are being mishandled?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.