Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment drop offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late payment drop offs

Hello,
My score went up 22 points today with zero explanation.
I believe I FINALLY had 3 late payments drop off.
Would that seem about right? Never had late payments drop off to gauge how much my score would increase?
I am at a solid 743.
Pushing to get to that 750 Mark to hit excellent, and get prime lending features.
Whew this has been one of the toughest things I've ever had to fix.
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Late payment drop offs

Any increase with a derog being removed (especially if the only one) would be expected. The amount of increase is dependent on many factors. I would say 22pts seems reasonable. But it all depends on the overall report. Smiley Happy 

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Payment history scoring of removed derogs depends highly on the severity and number of remaining derogs.

Payment history scoring has different brackets, or "buckets," that vary according to whether your file is "clean" or "dirty."

A clean file is one that is absent any major derogs, such as COs, collections, judgments, and 90+ major delinquencies.

If, upon removal of monthly derogs, you no longer have any reported major derogs, then a 22 point increase would be very typical.....

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for answering.
I have 3 more I believe.
My student loan is 3 payments not one.
Ugh
When I was late back then, they'd hit me with THREE every time.
It was a mess.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.