Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LexisNexis being difficult

tag
Swatch
Frequent Contributor

LexisNexis being difficult

I sent a letter, with a very legible copy of valid drivers license, asking them to unfreeze and they wrote that they would need a PIN. So I went on their site and requested a PIN, uploading a very legible copy of valid drivers license. They sent me a letter saying that I didn't prove my identity properly when I definitely did. The letter says that drivers license is a valid form of ID verification.

I've had other history of them being difficult and wish I could report them to CFPB. If I mail in a letter asking for PIN, I am betting they would tell me I have to submit through their site for a PIN. But the website form seemed to not work since I already tried that.

Just wondering if anyone has tips or information for LexisNexis. I am disabled so calls are much more difficult for me, but I have already spent more effort on trying to unfreeze this 1 report than I've spent on like 20 other freezes/unfreezes combined.

(I have a PIN from a past LexisNexis freeze but it seems to not work, possibly because I had made more than one freeze request, but it seems crazy that they've accepted my past freeze and dispute but not my PIN request. Same ID, address, etc.)

I do AZEO.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: LexisNexis being difficult

Sorry you're stuck here. 
A few things, old PINS won't work if you've locked it since using/receiving old PIN. You'll need that new one they issued when you relocked it the last time

Perhaps..and this is my guess...I am wondering if the format of the ID you uploaded doesn't match their requirements. They want to only see PDF or JPEG format so perhaps trying to resubmit using both formats in the same submission. 

Message 2 of 3
Swatch
Frequent Contributor

Re: LexisNexis being difficult

Thanks. It was JPG. Also I believe they didn't send me a PIN once. Does calling work?

I do AZEO.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.