Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of FICO Score button on Penfed

tag
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Location of FICO Score button on Penfed

Several years ago I got a 20K Penfed card but  closed it when I chopped a bunch of CU credit union cards.  I had way too many to keep up with.   I understand that Penfed gives one of the FICO scores monthly, but I have scoured their site and can't find any kind of a "Get my FICO" type of button.   Do you have to have an open CC or installment loan in order to get your FICO score from Penfed?   I have a small $100 balance in their savings account.   Am I just missing the button/location?    Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Irv02
Established Contributor

Re: Location of FICO Score button on Penfed

No.  You don't need a credit card or an installment loan to have your Fico score.  If you have the mobile app, just go to tools and the Fico score should be in the drop down.  It's been so long now I idk if you have to sign up for fico scores or not to get it.  GL.

Message 2 of 5
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Savings account will not be enough to give you their FICO 09 score.

You have to open a credit card or checking account (Access America).

I did that and about a month later, the FICO score tool came up on both computer web portal and mobile app.

Message 3 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

Savings account will not be enough to give you their FICO 09 score.

You have to open a credit card or checking account (Access America).

I did that and about a month later, the FICO score tool came up on both computer web portal and mobile app.

A personal loan works too.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 5
dumaine
Regular Contributor

Out of curiosity, do you have to have usage on the account to get FICO update? I did not get an update this month...but no usage last month either...no usage since I paid off a balance transfer.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.