Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Faith In Experian

tag
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: Losing Faith In Experian

@thornback wrote:

From what I understand (and what has been my experience) Experian purges inquiries on the first Saturday of every month.   So your inquiry should drop on 3/7.

As for the self-lender that is now gone... Did you also look under your closed accounts tab?  I would think if the loan had fallen off completely, you would've experienced a score drop since you only have one other account... 

I did experience a score drop but I also had an account report higher than usual because it cut earlier than usual I guess due to leap year and the usual report date hitting the weekend. I always pay a few times during the month and then I usually get a few extra dollars near the end that I apply to that particul account before it reports (no biggie as it will show next month).

So the account dropping off and the higher balance may have caused the score drop.

experian-score-drop.JPG

Also looking forward to seeing if the Inquiry will drop off on the 7th as people have noticed.

Also the referencing to Inquiries being binned (as noted in prior posts Credit Karma gives pretty good extra insights to what can affect credit when certain thresholds are met.

In the following image Inquiries are reflected:

credit-karma-inquiry-bin.JPG

Everytime I cross one of their thresholds for age, utilization, inquiries, derogatories, etc points are either loss or gained depending on the direction of crossing each listed red, yellow green threshold.

I'm definitely going to call Experian about by missing account later after watching it for awhile to see if it will come back on its own.

Message 11 of 25
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@thornback wrote:

From what I understand (and what has been my experience) Experian purges inquiries on the first Saturday of every month.   So your inquiry should drop on 3/7.

+1.  Had one that reached 2 years 1/5.  Didn't fall off 2/1 from EX as expected but did fall off 2/8.  

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a textbook example of why not to app on the first of the month. It disallows you from discriminating between aging points and inquiry points.
Message 13 of 25
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@thornback wrote:

As for the self-lender that is now gone... Did you also look under your closed accounts tab?  I would think if the loan had fallen off completely, you would've experienced a score drop since you only have one other account... 

thanks Thornback

I also have a 2-yr old inq that was suppose to fall off 2/11 but still shows on EX as of today. Good to know it will be gone after Saturday. 😁

EDIT:  Got an alert from EX. Was really excited. But, Wait for it! My score increased, but inq still there. Reason for increase: My UT decreased. Oh well, it is 6:25am. Maybe by COB today the inq will drop off. Maybe. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14 of 25
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

I also have a 2-yr old inq that was suppose to fall off 2/11 but still shows on EX as of today. Good to know it will be gone after Saturday. 😁

Plz update, you got me curiousSmiley LOL

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

Plz update, you got me curiousSmiley LOL

So I was just about to post and ask about (Experian) inquiry falling off and when that should happen.  I have one that was suppose to be gone 2/4 and one 3/2.  Should I expect both of them to fall off tomorrow? 3/7 (first Sat) or does 3/2 have to wait till the first Sat in April

Logic would say it gets scrapped now but, not sure what the rules are here. 

Message 16 of 25
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was just about to post and ask about (Experian) inquiry falling off and when that should happen.  I have one that was suppose to be gone 2/4 and one 3/2.  Should I expect both of them to fall off tomorrow? 3/7 (first Sat) or does 3/2 have to wait till the first Sat in April

I haven't experienced this scenario (all of mine had dates after the first saturday) -- but I would agree it should fall off tomorrow (3/7).  Be sure to let us know -- would be a great datapoint.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 17 of 25
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@thornback wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't experienced this scenario (all of mine had dates after the first saturday) -- but I would agree it should fall off tomorrow (3/7).  Be sure to let us know -- would be a great datapoint.

Seems as though 2 things have to happen. Earlier in the post it was said that Experian removes them at 25 months instead of 24 months so that would mean if the 25 months is before the first saturday they will fall off then.

Mines was on 2-6 so 3-6 makes 25 months and the first Saturday after that is tomorrow so I'm looking for mines to be gone then if indeed this is the Experian way of doing things.

Will share what happens.

Message 18 of 25
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@thornback wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Seems as though 2 things have to happen. Earlier in the post it was said that Experian removes them at 25 months instead of 24 months so that would mean if the 25 months is before the first saturday they will fall off then.

Mines was on 2-6 so 3-6 makes 25 months and the first Saturday after that is tomorrow so I'm looking for mines to be gone then if indeed this is the Experian way of doing things.

Will share what happens.

You're totally right. EX is 25 months (I knew that but forgot that I knew that...lol).  

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

As you all stated, you are correct with EX. The HP that fell off in February from TU and EQ for me was gone as of this morning on EX. 

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.