Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost Card

I have a Credit 1 credit card.  The other day it was misplaced and I reported it lost.  Today when I tried to get on my account to make sure no suspicious charges were listed it said my account had been temporarily suspended and to call customer service.  When I called them and entered my social they said they were no longer servicing my account and to call 877-550-2459.  That number goes to resurgent capital services (a collection agency).  I pay about 95 percent of my balance every 2 weeks and at the time of my reporting the lost card there was a 9.75 balance on the account.  Only had one late on the account from back in january.  And of course when I find out about this customer service is closed.  Has anybody ever heard of this before?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Re: Lost Card

Welcome to Myfico. People always scream in these forums to stay away from credit 1, but under some circumstances, you may not have a choice and that's when you have to be very careful when playing with sharks. I am not sure if you can push a payment for the remaining balance to cover the balance to avoid any further DMG. I wish I can help you, but I am sorry to hear that happened to you.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Until this I haven't had a problem with them.  They gave me a chance and have been good to work with so far.  So when I reported the lost card   I assumed they would send a new card and I would go on like nothing happened.  I am going to call in the morning to customer service to find out what is going on.  Thank you

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called customer service today and was told when a customer reports a card lost or stolen the automatically lock the online profile and the phone portion of the account to stop any further fraud from occuring.  He assured me the new card was on the way and when I activated it the online profile would return.  Guess I never expected that.

Thank you

Message 4 of 5
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called customer service today and was told when a customer reports a card lost or stolen the automatically lock the online profile and the phone portion of the account to stop any further fraud from occuring.  He assured me the new card was on the way and when I activated it the online profile would return.  Guess I never expected that.

Thank you

Sounds good so far. Haven't had any problems with them on my end and one thing I have always done is push my payments to them. (the horror stories had me nervous for a good amount of time).

Let us know if all worked out after you receive your new card.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.