Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy Amex ? Card issuer Amex or DSNB

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy Amex ? Card issuer Amex or DSNB

Hi guys - I would like to begin a relationship with AMEX and obtaining high cl's.

i already have 25k in the Macy store card Smiley Happy.

i think going for the Macy Amex is logical since I already have a high cl for the store card. ( May expedite the process)

But is the Macy Amex truly a Amex card? I read that it's also issued by DNSB.

I also have a Amex corporate card through a company that I do not own, I have a Amex profile through it and the card is in my name but not on my credit profile. Does that count as a relationship? Wil that help?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macy Amex ? Card issuer Amex or DSNB

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys - I would like to begin a relationship with AMEX and obtaining high cl's.

i already have 25k in the Macy store card Smiley Happy.

i think going for the Macy Amex is logical since I already have a high cl for the store card. ( May expedite the process)

But is the Macy Amex truly a Amex card? I read that it's also issued by DNSB.

I also have a Amex corporate card through a company that I do not own, I have a Amex profile through it and the card is in my name but not on my credit profile. Does that count as a relationship? Wil that help?

Macys Amex is issued by DNSB aka citi retail bank and RUNS on the amex network.   It isn't a "true" Amex issued by Centurion bank or whatever it is called.   Only cards issues on their site are "true" amex cards, but others act all the same.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks !!!

Message 3 of 7
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

When you apply for the Macy's Card @Anonymous, you won't be applying through/from AMEX so they will not even see your Corporate Card/Relationship.  You are actually applying through a business unit of Citibank.  They will likely HP either your EX or EQ.  If the Corp Card does not show on your credit report, they (Citi) will not see it.  

The existence of the Corp Card will have no bearing on your getting the Macy's Card.  When people say it's not a Real AMEX, their referring to the multitude of "benefits" that AMEX cardholders get that are offered through AMEX.  The benefits of this card is that it can be used outside of Macy's where AMEX cards are accepted and all the benefits/rewards/points are tied to Macy's.  

If you do apply, I suggest doing it IN STORE versus online.  The initial CL online will only be $1000 if approved.  If you go instore, it can be higher.  I suggested this to a friend 2 weeks ago and they app'd in store and granted an $8000 CL.  The cashier will take your license, scan the back and then you will enter all the pertinent details directly into the keypad such as income, SSN, expenses etc.  The approval or decline is instant and if approved, you'll be given a receipt that has your card number until your card arrives about 10 days later.

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! Follow up question. If I do apply for a Amex Platinum(example) directly from Amex, will the corporate relationship have any bearing ?

Message 5 of 7
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!! Follow up question. If I do apply for a Amex Platinum(example) directly from Amex, will the corporate relationship have any bearing ?

I have to say, I don't have experience enough to answer that question as I don't currently have an AMEX Corp Card.  I used to many years ago, it required my SSN and other info when I got it...but technically if I hadn't paid it...the company I worked for would...so to say that your circumstance with AMEX is any better relationship-wise because of the Corp Card versus personal, I would say...likely not.  The personal PLAT card would be granted solely on your credit worthiness, income etc.  I could be wrong so perhaps someone with the Corp Card and personal card may chime in.

If you're concerned about approval, AMEX does have a very reliable (according to other posters here) preapproval website that you can use to see if you're eligible and would qualify.  My AMEX accounts are old so I got them before their current pre-approval tool.  However, I don't recall anyone...at least in my recollection, getting preapproval and then it not getting approved.  You can likely do more research on the Approvals thread for those details.  Good luck!

Message 6 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Check with your employer's plan administrator to see if your company participates in the program where corporate cardholders can apply for a personal card and get a statement credit every year to help offset the AF.    Platinum gets a yearly statement credit of $150.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.