Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe a dumb question but...

tag
JLL2104
Contributor

Maybe a dumb question but...

There are companies that claim to remove hard inquiries. Are they legit?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: Maybe a dumb question but...

If the hard inq. are legitimate, leave them.

Message 2 of 9
JLL2104
Contributor

Some weren’t expected but yeah, all my HP’s are legitimate. May I ask though, why leave them?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to dispute credit inquiries, which is what any company is going to do, can get you slapped with a fraud alert mess. I wouldn’t do it. Inquiries fall off after two years and stop affecting your score after one year. Just let the time pass. 

Message 4 of 9
JLL2104
Contributor

Gotcha! Thank you
Message 5 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Because if you made application and a HP was made, there is nothing to dispute.

Believe me when I say this, we all would be tripping over ourselves to get HPs removed if it was legit. 

Yep, save your money and stay away from these scammers. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Trying to dispute credit inquiries, which is what any company is going to do, can get you slapped with a fraud alert mess. I wouldn’t do it. Inquiries fall off after two years and stop affecting your score after one year. Just let the time pass. 

+100

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

JLL2104 It is in the rule book that "legally" you can only dispute legimate information. Otherwise, as was already mentioned you may acquire a legal situation (you don't want to go there). The credit bureaus seem to have a competency problem today. There is an old adage: "let the sleeping dog lie" ... good advice!

Message 8 of 9
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

I personally do not understand the focus so many place on inquiries, yes they hurt a bit and can cause issues with some lenders, but in the large scheme of things the HP's are not what is killing your score. They are only a few points for each one and some are even lumped together so they only count as one. And then they don't count any after a year and are gone in two.

There are better things that you can spend time on to really help your score improve more than trying to get a couple of inquiries off the report. Just my humble opinion

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.