cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Billing Nightmare-On my score as a collection item!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Billing Nightmare-On my score as a collection item!

I have several medical bills. My daughter was diagnosed with hip dysplasia. Amongst the delivery bill and operation from two seperate hospitals I have been receiving seperate bills from both hospitals for Anesthesia Doctor, Surgery Doctor, Hospital Stay and X-ray services. They don not send one big invoice! Be aware. They also double billing you too!  Becareful.
I have been diligently paying each bill every month with out fail. I am a tax accountant and I even have trouble following this madness. Apparently medical industries do not do their own billing they farm out that part.-no wober so many hospiitals are not surviving.
Anyhow, I wrote a letter to hospital billing to clarify services and invoices. I rec'd a response that my bill was a lot less than the original bill- I figured my insurance kicked in. Later, I pulled my score and found a collection for the same original bill in question! Thank goodness I keep records!
This very disheartening because now I have to go and clean up a mess I did not create!
What rights do I have? The collection agency is reporting one balance due and the hospital another? What steps should I take to get this off my reports????
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have the hospital correct it with collections.  They may...

Have the hospital correct it with collections.  They may be able to reclaim it from the CA.  Otherwise  disoute based on the itemizzed info they recently gave.  Now sometimes as you said, hospitals, radiologist all bill separately so they may not have included those other services that may be with collections.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

I am after tax season.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.