Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collection Error on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Collection Error on CR

Hi guys,

My wife went to the ER last year and a few months ago a collection popped up on her credit report for this event. Apparently, the hospital billed the wrong insurance company (their mistake) for her visit for ~$750. After this came up on her CR, we tried fixing as much as we could and her insurance company let her know that she did not owe anything for that visit and they would be taking care of everything. 

How do I go about disputing this error in a timely manner, and what documents and process do I follow?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical Collection Error on CR

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys,

My wife went to the ER last year and a few months ago a collection popped up on her credit report for this event. Apparently, the hospital billed the wrong insurance company (their mistake) for her visit for ~$750. After this came up on her CR, we tried fixing as much as we could and her insurance company let her know that she did not owe anything for that visit and they would be taking care of everything. 

How do I go about disputing this error in a timely manner, and what documents and process do I follow?

Thanks

You need to have them cancel or recall the collectors as it was their mistake, this gets rid of the entry.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.