cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merchant not taking care of my issues after delivery - Is this dispute sounds good ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merchant not taking care of my issues after delivery - Is this dispute sounds good ?

I purchased furniture (bed, dresser, and dining table with chairs) from a merchant for X amount in March 15. The dining table was delivered on April 1and other items were delivered on May 2. I reported some issues with two chairs in April and they sent one and asked me that technician will contact me to assemble. He did call me and I told him since it's COVID situation, I would want to wait for the replacement of the second defective chair to arrive so that he can fix both the chairs together at one time. Since then I never received the second chair.
Also, I noticed some damages in the bed's wooden slats, legs, and dresser as well. I have reported all of these concerns via email and with pictures to the merchant and they are not taking care of these things at all. I reminded them a few times as well via email.

I would like to know is this a legitimate way to go about filing a credit card dispute for the full amount with the bank for a chargeback? I have copies of all the email communication with the merchant that I can provide to my bank to support my case.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Merchant not taking care of my issues after delivery - Is this dispute sounds good ?

Yes, especially since you have contacted the merchant in good faith and they haven't taken care of the problems. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 9
FlaDude
Valued Contributor

Re: Merchant not taking care of my issues after delivery - Is this dispute sounds good ?

Yes, since you only have a limited time to dispute a charge, you could fall outside that window if you wait.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 3 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You have 60 days from the date the statement generated with this charge on it to dispute it with the bank so if you are not getting satisfaction I would file said dispute prior to this time expiring, you can always cancel it once the merchant follows through. I am likely to be filing a dispute on a furniture company as well for not taking care of a problem with a sofa that I bought a few weeks ago.....

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I have filed the dispute.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The additional benefits/rights you have depend on the card you have and what benefits it offers. Refer to your guide to benefits.

Look for a return protection.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The additional benefits/rights you have depend on the card you have and what benefits it offers. Refer to your guide to benefits.

Thanks. I have Amex Blue Cash Everyday (the one without annual fees). Not sure if I would be able to simultaneously do the same thing. Also, their documentation says that I can file this thing only when merchant is not willing to accept the merchandise. In my case, they are not even responding to my emails.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I hate to tell you, but the BCE got gutted shortly after Citibank started gutting benefits last year. With American Express, you don’t even have the default MC/visa benefits to fall back on.

About the only thing we’ve got left on the BCE is purchase protection:

“Purchase Protection♦ is an embedded benefit of your Card Membership and requires no enrollment. It can help protect Covered Purchases made on your Eligible Card against accidental damage or theft, for up to 90 days from the Covered Purchase date. Please read important exclusions and restrictions to see if your item is eligible for coverage.“

So I guess it’s just the federal consumer protection laws that establish certain minimum protections if it’s I think within 150 miles of your home and it cost more than $50. I’m sure someone with more knowledge on that specific topic will chime in. Got me curious, I think I’m gonna do a little research now.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah after a little research the discussion above is for billing errors and it doesn’t extend to the quality of the services and goods.

Read the following under “complaints about the quality of goods and services:”

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0219-disputing-credit-card-charges

That’s why it’s always good to make sure and pay attention to the benefits offered by individual cards.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.