cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage transfer tanked score- bad timing!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage transfer tanked score- bad timing!

I have been preparing for a year to purchase a Mercedes Sprinter for my business. I have worked really hard to get my score from about 620 to finally over 700 last month. Then something out of left field happened... My BofA mortgage that I have had for 10 years gets transfered to Carrington Mortgage services.
My bofa mortgage is nowing showing up as closed with a 0 balance. My score tanked 37 points. This makes a big difference for me. I now have a score of about 670 and do not qualify for tier 1 financing through MBFS and I can't get the low interest rate promo which is over April 1.
Is there anything I can do in the next 5 weeks to recover those points? I don't want to miss out on the finance offer....

How do Mortgage companies typically report newly aquired accounts?
Will this affect my AAoA?
Will it look like I opened a new mortgage? Is there a way I can get them to expedeite reporting ?

This timing is really unfortunate. I am beyond frustrated. I am not buying a frivious vehicle, its a necesity for my business.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage transfer tanked score- bad timing!

Once the new account reports it should show the same open date as the original mortgage and still show the same balance/original amount with reflecting payment history. It should basically be a mirror image of the BOA account except the BOA account will be closed, and the new mortgage company will be reporting.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.