cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Credit Inquiries!!!

tag
hillis

Multiple Credit Inquiries!!!

I just checked my credit report and it appears that I have given permission to Credit One Bank and Capitol One Bank to check my report. 

I for the LIFE of me do not recall giving either bank permission to do this.  The first Credit One inquiry was on 1/12/06 and they checked on 3/30/06, 5/22/06, 10/26/06, 5/30/07 and 7/18/07.  Capitol One has been doing inquiries on my credit since 9/18/05 and has been checking THREE times a month since then.

How do I get them to stop?!?  I am so confused as to what I should do.....please help.

Starting Score: 511
Current Score: 511
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Multiple Credit Inquiries!!!

hillis wrote:
I just checked my credit report and it appears that I have given permission to Credit One Bank and Capitol One Bank to check my report. 

I for the LIFE of me do not recall giving either bank permission to do this.  The first Credit One inquiry was on 1/12/06 and they checked on 3/30/06, 5/22/06, 10/26/06, 5/30/07 and 7/18/07.  Capitol One has been doing inquiries on my credit since 9/18/05 and has been checking THREE times a month since then.

How do I get them to stop?!?  I am so confused as to what I should do.....please help.

Are these hard inqs or soft inqs?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

hillis wrote:

Cap1 is known to do soft pulls all the time.
Message 3 of 8
hillis

I believe they are soft inqs, on my experian report it says requests viewed only by me.  But how can they still do this? 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are softs. They don't hurt you any. Most likely creditors are viewing your report to see if you qualify for any of their products.
Message 5 of 8
wrw0010
New Contributor

Don't worry about them. Soft inqs don't hurt your score.
Message 6 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with the others!
Message 7 of 8
hillis

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!'

I won't worry about it.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.